Hello,
I have Asus P2B rev 1.12 and PII CPU Card with 2.0V and 1.5V (there is KT
letters on it too) printed on it and Celeron 533 now.
I wonder I could put Celeron 1 GHz 1.75V to work with.

Any suggestions?
Dragon

dragon111140 schrieb:

> Hello,
> I have Asus P2B rev 1.12 and PII CPU Card with 2.0V and 1.5V (there is KT
> letters on it too) printed on it and Celeron 533 now.
> I wonder I could put Celeron 1 GHz 1.75V to work with.

The name of this adapter suggests it's an old one that will not support
Coppermines. But with a sufficiently recent slot adapter and the last
BIOS (1014 beta 3), this Celeron should work fine.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

I believe that board maxes out at either 550 or 600 MHz for the CPU.

--
DaveW

"dragon111140" <dragon111140@REMOVE.THIS.gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have Asus P2B rev 1.12 and PII CPU Card with 2.0V and 1.5V (there is KT
> letters on it too) printed on it and Celeron 533 now.
> I wonder I could put Celeron 1 GHz 1.75V to work with.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Dragon

> I believe that board maxes out at either 550 or 600 MHz for the CPU.
>
> -- DaveW

DaveW, I congratulate you on your consistency ;-) Your one-line posts to
this newsgroup are invariably incorrect.

BIOS support for all Intel Slot-1 and S370 CPUs is available for all
boards in the P2B series, including Coppermine to 1.1Ghz and Tualatin to
1.4Ghz.

Some early revision boards are limited to a minimum Vcore of 1.8v, so
should not be used to run Tualatin processors except in conjunction with
a Powerleap adapter, which supplies the appropriate Vcore. All revisions
can run any Coppermine processor, although you must arrange to change
the CPU's VID request to 1.8v if the default is lower than 1.8v. This is
straightforward for S370 CPUs on slot adapters with VID jumpers,
somewhat more complex (but well documented on various web sites) for
Slot-1 CPUs or adapters without VID control.

Some early revision boards do not have a functional 133Mhz FSB setting,
and are therefore unable to run 133Mhz bus CPUs at full rated speed.

The OP's P2B rev 1.12 board is late revision with support for Tualatin
Vcore requirements and 133Mhz FSB, therefore he can run any Intel Slot-1
or S370 CPU provided BIOS is recent (1014 beta 3 recommended), RAM is
matched to FSB, video card operates at 2/3 FSB, and slot adapter (if
required) is compatible with CPU.

P2B

> "dragon111140" <dragon111140@REMOVE.THIS.gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:cl8b4q$2dtt$1@mamut.aster.pl...
>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have Asus P2B rev 1.12 and PII CPU Card with 2.0V and 1.5V (there is KT
>>> letters on it too) printed on it and Celeron 533 now.
>>> I wonder I could put Celeron 1 GHz 1.75V to work with.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>> Dragon

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This website should answer 99% of your questions!!

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_procupgrade_faq.html

Uzytkownik "P2B" <p2b@sympatico.ca> napisal w wiadomosci
> > I believe that board maxes out at either 550 or 600 MHz for the CPU.
> >
> > -- DaveW
>
> DaveW, I congratulate you on your consistency ;-) Your one-line posts to
> this newsgroup are invariably incorrect.
>
> BIOS support for all Intel Slot-1 and S370 CPUs is available for all
> boards in the P2B series, including Coppermine to 1.1Ghz and Tualatin to
> 1.4Ghz.

But what about this marks on CPU adapter 2.0V and 1.5V ?
Dragon

dragon111140 wrote:
> Uzytkownik "P2B" <p2b@sympatico.ca> napisal w wiadomosci
>
>>>I believe that board maxes out at either 550 or 600 MHz for the CPU.
>>>
>>>-- DaveW
>>
>>DaveW, I congratulate you on your consistency ;-) Your one-line posts to
>>this newsgroup are invariably incorrect.
>>
>>BIOS support for all Intel Slot-1 and S370 CPUs is available for all
>>boards in the P2B series, including Coppermine to 1.1Ghz and Tualatin to
>>1.4Ghz.
>

> But what about this marks on CPU adapter 2.0V and 1.5V ?

adapter is of course different story than board. Since as mentioned this
looks to be some cheap ppga-only no-name adapter, get rid of it and buy
a upgradeware slot-t instead.

Roland

P2B <p2b@sympatico.ca> writes:
> > I believe that board maxes out at either 550 or 600 MHz for the CPU.
> > -- DaveW
>
> DaveW, I congratulate you on your consistency ;-) Your one-line posts
> to this newsgroup are invariably incorrect.
>
> BIOS support for all Intel Slot-1 and S370 CPUs is available for all
> boards in the P2B series, including Coppermine to 1.1Ghz and Tualatin
> to 1.4Ghz.

Really? My P2B-F, BIOS 1014beta3 gives me an error message about a
failed BIOS update for a Tualatin Celeron. Although that doesn't seem to
create any problems, I would not call that "BIOS support".

Or is there a way to patch the necessary data into the stock 1014beta3
BIOS image?

Thomas Jahns
--
"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."

Thomas Jahns wrote:
> P2B <p2b@sympatico.ca> writes:
>
>>>I believe that board maxes out at either 550 or 600 MHz for the CPU.
>>>-- DaveW
>>
>>DaveW, I congratulate you on your consistency ;-) Your one-line posts
>>to this newsgroup are invariably incorrect.
>>
>>BIOS support for all Intel Slot-1 and S370 CPUs is available for all
>>boards in the P2B series, including Coppermine to 1.1Ghz and Tualatin
>>to 1.4Ghz.
>

> Really? My P2B-F, BIOS 1014beta3 gives me an error message about a
> failed BIOS update for a Tualatin Celeron. Although that doesn't seem to
> create any problems, I would not call that "BIOS support".
>
> Or is there a way to patch the necessary data into the stock 1014beta3
> BIOS image?

P2B bios have only support for early stepping tualatin, not later ones.
See http://tipperlinne.com/bios6b4.htm for modification instructions.

Roland