dvd-r driver/discs

could someone tell me if im able to burn dvd-r's on my comp just like cd-r's?
i have windows xp, but the comp doesnt recognise the dvd-r disks like it did with the cd-r's, i tried burning the disks through Nero but that too didnt read the dvd-r disks. is there updates for the driver i could download for it to do these disks?
i have a cdrw/dvd combo drive.
all help is very welcome as i just got a whole load of these dvd-r disks in bulk lol...
thanx again, pp, x.x.x!

Pinkpuppy, you probably have a Combo drive that can burn or read cd-r's
and read dvd's only. If you
post the make and model of the drive then I can be more sure this.
"pinkpuppy" <pinkpuppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> could someone tell me if im able to burn dvd-r's on my comp just like
cd-r's?
> i have windows xp, but the comp doesnt recognise the dvd-r disks like it
did with the cd-r's, i tried burning the disks through Nero but that too
didnt read the dvd-r disks. is there updates for the driver i could download
for it to do these disks?
> i have a cdrw/dvd combo drive.
> all help is very welcome as i just got a whole load of these dvd-r disks
in bulk lol...
> thanx again, pp, x.x.x!

A CDRW/DVD combo drive just burns CDs and plays DVDs. You need a DVD burner
drive to burn a DVD.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"pinkpuppy" <pinkpuppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> could someone tell me if im able to burn dvd-r's on my comp just like
> cd-r's?
> i have windows xp, but the comp doesnt recognise the dvd-r disks like it
> did with the cd-r's, i tried burning the disks through Nero but that too
> didnt read the dvd-r disks. is there updates for the driver i could
> download for it to do these disks?
> i have a cdrw/dvd combo drive.
> all help is very welcome as i just got a whole load of these dvd-r disks
> in bulk lol...
> thanx again, pp, x.x.x!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

You need to buy a DVD-R drive (a dvd writer) Then you need to download DVD Shrink (free) from the web, do a search. Finally you need software like Nero 6. Voila you can now back-up DVD's and write to DVD-Rs.