Probleme with USB detection

June 30, 2004 3:30:46 PM

Hi!
We have WinXP Select and when we plug a USB device, it
detect it but it doesn't install the drivers.

We tryed the USB 2.0 patch (on a 865 board) but it didn't
solve the probleme.

Can someone can give me an advice?

Thanks!

Fred

More about : probleme usb detection

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 3:41:12 PM

The normal procedure for USB devices is to install the software BEFORE
connecting the hardware.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Fred Brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi!
> We have WinXP Select and when we plug a USB device, it
> detect it but it doesn't install the drivers.
>
> We tryed the USB 2.0 patch (on a 865 board) but it didn't
> solve the probleme.
>
> Can someone can give me an advice?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 3:52:07 PM

We have a couple of USB material to plug on a 20 (or so)
pc, in a lab. They all have Deep Freeze on then (with
teenagers, you know, it's a good idea!!!). Almost all the
USB memory stick I know is detected and installed
correctly by WinXP Pro (standard), but with the WinXP Pro
Select, it detect it, but don't install the drivers...

If this help someone to find a solution...

Thanks!

Fred

June 30, 2004 6:55:22 PM

Not to sound stupid, I've heard of Windows XP Pro, Home and
Media editions, also embedded versions, but what the H is
"XP select" version?"

"fred brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in
message news:23ed701c45ed3$57dc1cd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| We have a couple of USB material to plug on a 20 (or so)
| pc, in a lab. They all have Deep Freeze on then (with
| teenagers, you know, it's a good idea!!!). Almost all the
| USB memory stick I know is detected and installed
| correctly by WinXP Pro (standard), but with the WinXP Pro
| Select, it detect it, but don't install the drivers...
|
| If this help someone to find a solution...
|
| Thanks!
|
| Fred

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 10:33:56 PM

"Fred Brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi!
> We have WinXP Select and when we plug a USB device, it
> detect it but it doesn't install the drivers.
>
> We tryed the USB 2.0 patch (on a 865 board) but it didn't
> solve the probleme.
>
> Can someone can give me an advice?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred

what is the make and model number of the device you are plugging in
you need to install the drivers yourself

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

---
June 30, 2004 10:33:57 PM

Just to let you know:
On a Select version of WinXP Pro, we have this problem.
When we try it on a standart WinXP Pro version,
everythings is working fine after we plug it.
2 computers: 1 with the WinXP pro Select and 1 with WinXP
pro standard.

The one with the Select version is the one with the
problem. Say I plug a Vebatim USB memory stick... On the
standard, it work fine, but with the Select, we have to
go in the peripheral manager (sorry, I'm a french
canadian) to update the driver if we want the material to
work.

If someone have a good idea, just let me know!

Fred

(http://www.grisoft.com).
30/06/2004

>.

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 1:39:40 AM

news:o GxH6wtXEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl
> Not to sound stupid, I've heard of Windows XP Pro, Home and
> Media editions, also embedded versions, but what the H is
> "XP select" version?"
>

> "fred brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in
> message news:23ed701c45ed3$57dc1cd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> We have a couple of USB material to plug on a 20 (or so)
>> pc, in a lab. They all have Deep Freeze on then (with
>> teenagers, you know, it's a good idea!!!). Almost all the
>> USB memory stick I know is detected and installed
>> correctly by WinXP Pro (standard), but with the WinXP Pro
>> Select, it detect it, but don't install the drivers...
>>
>> If this help someone to find a solution...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Fred

http://www.verbatim.com/documents/Setup.zip
you might need this