Probleme with USB detection

Hi!
We have WinXP Select and when we plug a USB device, it
detect it but it doesn't install the drivers.

We tryed the USB 2.0 patch (on a 865 board) but it didn't
solve the probleme.

Can someone can give me an advice?

Thanks!

Fred
6 answers Last reply
More about probleme detection

    The normal procedure for USB devices is to install the software BEFORE
    connecting the hardware.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Fred Brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > We have WinXP Select and when we plug a USB device, it
    > detect it but it doesn't install the drivers.
    >
    > We tryed the USB 2.0 patch (on a 865 board) but it didn't
    > solve the probleme.
    >
    > Can someone can give me an advice?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Fred

    We have a couple of USB material to plug on a 20 (or so)
    pc, in a lab. They all have Deep Freeze on then (with
    teenagers, you know, it's a good idea!!!). Almost all the
    USB memory stick I know is detected and installed
    correctly by WinXP Pro (standard), but with the WinXP Pro
    Select, it detect it, but don't install the drivers...

    If this help someone to find a solution...

    Thanks!

    Fred

    Not to sound stupid, I've heard of Windows XP Pro, Home and
    Media editions, also embedded versions, but what the H is
    "XP select" version?"

    "fred brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in
    message news:23ed701c45ed3$57dc1cd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    | We have a couple of USB material to plug on a 20 (or so)
    | pc, in a lab. They all have Deep Freeze on then (with
    | teenagers, you know, it's a good idea!!!). Almost all the
    | USB memory stick I know is detected and installed
    | correctly by WinXP Pro (standard), but with the WinXP Pro
    | Select, it detect it, but don't install the drivers...
    |
    | If this help someone to find a solution...
    |
    | Thanks!
    |
    | Fred

    what is the make and model number of the device you are plugging in
    you need to install the drivers yourself

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

    Just to let you know:
    On a Select version of WinXP Pro, we have this problem.
    When we try it on a standart WinXP Pro version,
    everythings is working fine after we plug it.
    2 computers: 1 with the WinXP pro Select and 1 with WinXP
    pro standard.

    The one with the Select version is the one with the
    problem. Say I plug a Vebatim USB memory stick... On the
    standard, it work fine, but with the Select, we have to
    go in the peripheral manager (sorry, I'm a french
    canadian) to update the driver if we want the material to
    work.

    If someone have a good idea, just let me know!

    Fred

    (http://www.grisoft.com).
    30/06/2004

    > Not to sound stupid, I've heard of Windows XP Pro, Home and
    > Media editions, also embedded versions, but what the H is
    > "XP select" version?"
    >

    > "fred brassard" <brassard.frederic@csdgs.qc.ca> wrote in
    > message news:23ed701c45ed3$57dc1cd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    >> We have a couple of USB material to plug on a 20 (or so)
    >> pc, in a lab. They all have Deep Freeze on then (with
    >> teenagers, you know, it's a good idea!!!). Almost all the
    >> USB memory stick I know is detected and installed
    >> correctly by WinXP Pro (standard), but with the WinXP Pro
    >> Select, it detect it, but don't install the drivers...
    >>
    >> If this help someone to find a solution...
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Fred

    http://www.verbatim.com/documents/Setup.zip
    you might need this

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

Detection USB Windows XP