A8V Installer Issue

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All,

I have an A8V/3500 setup. It all works fine with one exception.

With _some_ installers, they fail to run and generate a "Memory
Reference" error. Sorry, I don't have the exact error handy.

There's no reasoning behind it. It's just various installers that fail
to run. Different manufacturers too.

The machine was extensively burned-in and ran memory diagnostics for 2
days without a single failure so I don't really think it's a hardware
memory failure. If it was, I would be having a LOT more problems than this.

Anyone else seen this?

-Larry

Try to run memtest. See if there is any problem

"Larry" <none@none.com> schreef in bericht
> All,
>
> I have an A8V/3500 setup. It all works fine with one exception.
>
> With _some_ installers, they fail to run and generate a "Memory Reference"
> error. Sorry, I don't have the exact error handy.
>
> There's no reasoning behind it. It's just various installers that fail to
> run. Different manufacturers too.
>
> The machine was extensively burned-in and ran memory diagnostics for 2
> days without a single failure so I don't really think it's a hardware
> memory failure. If it was, I would be having a LOT more problems than
> this.
>
> Anyone else seen this?
>
> -Larry

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

As indicated in the original message, extensive memory tests have been
run. It's not actually a _physical_ memory error.

-Larry