Recommendation for a CPU cooler for socket A

xyz

Hello Everyone,

The Thermaltake fan (A5025S12C for Orb)on my T-bird CPU finally
stopped working properly. My computer wouldn't start unless I took
out the fan power cable. I search Google for this fan in vain. It
seems that I will have to replace the whole cooler. I would like to
have recommendations on a good and quiet socket A cooler for under
$30. Thanks in advance.

xyz

nbk

xyz wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> The Thermaltake fan (A5025S12C for Orb)on my T-bird CPU finally
> stopped working properly. My computer wouldn't start unless I took
> out the fan power cable. I search Google for this fan in vain. It
> seems that I will have to replace the whole cooler. I would like to
> have recommendations on a good and quiet socket A cooler for under
> $30. Thanks in advance.
>
> xyz
Try an ultra quiet Zalman. It works for me.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=371003

xyz

NBK <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:<w8Med.2657$YL.221288@twister.southeast.rr.com>...
> xyz wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > The Thermaltake fan (A5025S12C for Orb)on my T-bird CPU finally
> > stopped working properly. My computer wouldn't start unless I took
> > out the fan power cable. I search Google for this fan in vain. It
> > seems that I will have to replace the whole cooler. I would like to
> > have recommendations on a good and quiet socket A cooler for under
> > $30. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > xyz
> Try an ultra quiet Zalman. It works for me.
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=371003

Here is what I got the comment for Zalman CNPS7000A-CU

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/cpucomparison.html

Pro - Most efficient and quietest cooler available for Athlon XP CPUs
Pro - Cools the hottest Athlon XP CPUs and beyond
Con - Heavy - at 773 grams, it is 473 grams above AMD's stated weight limit
Con - Incompatible with most Socket 462 motherboards

My motherboard is Asus-A7V, which is compatible with Zalman CNPS7000A-CU based on
http://www.zalmanusa.com/product/cooler/7000(AB)_462MBlist_eng.htm

Will the weight be an issue?

xyz