P4PE-X overheating question.

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2004 10:39:55 AM

Thanks in advance.

I have a system with an Asus P4PE-X. The system crashes when I stress it.
I put a temp monitor on it and found the CPU was heating up (155F). I
installed a better cooler and now it maxes out at about 130F. The
motherboard maxes at about 98F but the system still freezes. If I put a
household fan on the guts, it will run forever.

Question: What is the motherboard temp sensor monitoring - chipset? (I added
a fan on the heatsink to keep it cool)

What is overheating? ( have tried different video cards).

Any suggestions,

Dave H.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2004 9:02:21 PM

I just built two systems with this mainboard and believe it or not,
the CPU was at fault after changing PS's, Fan's, and another of the
same MB....
The 2.4 D was defective.....

!