P4PE-X overheating question.

Thanks in advance.

I have a system with an Asus P4PE-X. The system crashes when I stress it.
I put a temp monitor on it and found the CPU was heating up (155F). I
installed a better cooler and now it maxes out at about 130F. The
motherboard maxes at about 98F but the system still freezes. If I put a
household fan on the guts, it will run forever.

Question: What is the motherboard temp sensor monitoring - chipset? (I added
a fan on the heatsink to keep it cool)

What is overheating? ( have tried different video cards).

Any suggestions,

Dave H.
1 answer Last reply
More about p4pe overheating question

    I just built two systems with this mainboard and believe it or not,
    the CPU was at fault after changing PS's, Fan's, and another of the
    same MB....
    The 2.4 D was defective.....

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 06:39:55 -0500, "DaveH" <xxxdaveoh@swbell.net(axe
    the x's)> wrote:

    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >I have a system with an Asus P4PE-X. The system crashes when I stress it.
    >I put a temp monitor on it and found the CPU was heating up (155F). I
    >installed a better cooler and now it maxes out at about 130F. The
    >motherboard maxes at about 98F but the system still freezes. If I put a
    >household fan on the guts, it will run forever.
    >
    >Question: What is the motherboard temp sensor monitoring - chipset? (I added
    >a fan on the heatsink to keep it cool)
    >
    >What is overheating? ( have tried different video cards).
    >
    >Any suggestions,
    >
    >Dave H.

Asus Motherboards