FIXED: Cannot install WinXP on a P4C800 Deluxe. HELP!!!

Of course shortly after I posted this I found the problem (Whose Law
would that be?). It was the Card reader, once I disconnected that, XP
install fine. Once XP was installed and patched, I reconnected the
card reader and all is working fine.

ender

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 25 Oct 2004 03:50:05 -0700, RichGomes@comcast.net (Rich Gomes)
wrote:

>Of course shortly after I posted this I found the problem (Whose Law
>would that be?). It was the Card reader, once I disconnected that, XP
>install fine. Once XP was installed and patched, I reconnected the
>card reader and all is working fine.

Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you resolved it! This is the
second post I have seen where an OS install failed due to a card
reader. I have seen several others that have failed due to USB
peripherals that have been attached at the time of install.

Nice detective work!

Regards,

Ender

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke