CPU "normal" temperature range?

July 1, 2004 5:34:02 PM

I have now bought a fan where the speed can be controlled manually. I want
to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach borders of danger for
the CPU temp.

What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)

TIA!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 2, 2004 4:07:18 AM

"luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
> I have now bought a fan where the speed can be controlled manually. I want
> to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach borders of danger
for
> the CPU temp.
>
> What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)
>
> TIA!

Normal depends but keep it under 60c under load and you will be fine.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 2, 2004 4:07:19 AM

To find the temperature range for a CPU, the source is on
the CPU mfg'r website.
Search for limits. thermal, or temperature. The limits vary
by specific model.
see www.intel.com or www.amd.com

"CrazyEyes" <.> wrote in message

| "luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
| > I have now bought a fan where the speed can be
controlled manually. I want
| > to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach
borders of danger
| for
| > the CPU temp.
| >
| > What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)
| >
| > TIA!
| >

| Normal depends but keep it under 60c under load and you
will be fine.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 2, 2004 4:07:20 AM

The actual limit of your processor is very high, somewhere around 90C.
The thing with the new P4 processors is that they will slow down their
clock speed if they begin to feel overheated. There are several
programs that can monitor the temperature of your system. My favorite
also provides a ton of information about your compupter and is made by
the guy who used to do AIDA32.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang...

On a side note, if that is a P4 2.4 C Revision processor, you should be
able to push that upwards of 3.4 GHz with a good motherboard. If that is
a decent Gigabyte motherboard, it will all depend on your memory. If you
want a little more performance from your system, check out the link below.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcx

Nathan McNulty

!