CPU "normal" temperature range?

I have now bought a fan where the speed can be controlled manually. I want
to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach borders of danger for
the CPU temp.

What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)

TIA!
3 answers Last reply
More about normal temperature range

    "luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
    > I have now bought a fan where the speed can be controlled manually. I want
    > to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach borders of danger
    for
    > the CPU temp.
    >
    > What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)
    >
    > TIA!

    Normal depends but keep it under 60c under load and you will be fine.

    To find the temperature range for a CPU, the source is on
    the CPU mfg'r website.
    Search for limits. thermal, or temperature. The limits vary
    by specific model.
    see www.intel.com or www.amd.com

    "CrazyEyes" <.> wrote in message

    | "luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
    | > I have now bought a fan where the speed can be
    controlled manually. I want
    | > to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach
    borders of danger
    | for
    | > the CPU temp.
    | >
    | > What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)
    | >
    | > TIA!
    | >

    | Normal depends but keep it under 60c under load and you
    will be fine.

    The actual limit of your processor is very high, somewhere around 90C.
    The thing with the new P4 processors is that they will slow down their
    clock speed if they begin to feel overheated. There are several
    programs that can monitor the temperature of your system. My favorite
    also provides a ton of information about your compupter and is made by
    the guy who used to do AIDA32.

    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

    On a side note, if that is a P4 2.4 C Revision processor, you should be
    able to push that upwards of 3.4 GHz with a good motherboard. If that is
    a decent Gigabyte motherboard, it will all depend on your memory. If you
    want a little more performance from your system, check out the link below.

    http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcx

    Nathan McNulty

    Jim Macklin wrote:
    > To find the temperature range for a CPU, the source is on
    > the CPU mfg'r website.
    > Search for limits. thermal, or temperature. The limits vary
    > by specific model.
    > see www.intel.com or www.amd.com
    >

    > "CrazyEyes" <.> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
    > | > I have now bought a fan where the speed can be
    > controlled manually. I want
    > | > to have it as low as possible, but naturally not reach
    > borders of danger
    > | for
    > | > the CPU temp.
    > | >
    > | > What are the normal ranges? (have a P4 2.4, Gigabyte MB)
    > | >
    > | > TIA!
    > | >

    > | Normal depends but keep it under 60c under load and you
    > will be fine.

CPUs Temperature Windows XP