P4C800E-Deluxe BIOS 1014 to 1019?? Should we?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hello all:

I have the P4C800E-Deluxe and it is OC'ed to 3.32+ from the P4-2.4C SL6Z3
in there. I also have DDR memory running at 550MHZ!

I have dual 80 GB SATA drives in RAID0 (Intel Controller).

So, my question is...I never flashed the BIOS from the 1014 this MoBo came
with. Will I gain anything from going to the 1019 rev3 that people say is
great?

TIA

No! BIOS upgrades are for fixing problems that occur in a given user's
specific setup. They do NOT offer performance upgrades. If it ain't broke,
don't fix it.
Note: You may not be aware that frequently BIOS version upgrades go wrong
during execution, leaving you with a corrupt BIOS and a dead motherboard.

--
DaveW

"Dave" <empeaNOSPAM3@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all:
>
> I have the P4C800E-Deluxe and it is OC'ed to 3.32+ from the P4-2.4C SL6Z3
> in there. I also have DDR memory running at 550MHZ!
>
> I have dual 80 GB SATA drives in RAID0 (Intel Controller).
>
> So, my question is...I never flashed the BIOS from the 1014 this MoBo came
> with. Will I gain anything from going to the 1019 rev3 that people say is
> great?
>
> TIA

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

DaveW wrote:
> No! BIOS upgrades are for fixing problems that occur in a given user's
> specific setup. They do NOT offer performance upgrades. If it ain't broke,
> don't fix it.
> Note: You may not be aware that frequently BIOS version upgrades go wrong
> during execution, leaving you with a corrupt BIOS and a dead motherboard.

That's the most misleading statement I've ever heard! I've yet to have a
bios update go wrong...and updates do effect system performance.
Just follow the directions.
FB

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thank you Dave. I did order a BIOS Savior so there would not be much of
a chance of making the MoBo not boot. I had heard that the 1019 makes
the system boot faster.

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in news:3%ffd.6891$R05.1340@attbi_s53:

> No! BIOS upgrades are for fixing problems that occur in a given
> user's specific setup. They do NOT offer performance upgrades. If it
> ain't broke, don't fix it.
> Note: You may not be aware that frequently BIOS version upgrades go
> wrong during execution, leaving you with a corrupt BIOS and a dead
> motherboard.

Where are you finding 1019 for the P4C800E-Deluxe? The highest I've been
able to find is 1018.

Incidentally, "frequently" for version upgrades that go sour is overstating
it immensely. I myself have done more than hundred without incident, and I
think that that is the common experience. Upgrades may not always include
performance increases (although 1018 in the P4C800E-Dlx does offer CPU
unlocking), but they do often incorporate bug fixes. Thanks and all good
wishes.

formerprof

> Thank you Dave. I did order a BIOS Savior so there would not be much of
> a chance of making the MoBo not boot. I had heard that the 1019 makes
> the system boot faster.
>

> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in news:3%ffd.6891$R05.1340@attbi_s53:
>
>> No! BIOS upgrades are for fixing problems that occur in a given
>> user's specific setup. They do NOT offer performance upgrades. If it
>> ain't broke, don't fix it.
>> Note: You may not be aware that frequently BIOS version upgrades go
>> wrong during execution, leaving you with a corrupt BIOS and a dead
>> motherboard.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

It is on the beta ftp site...

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_
478/INTEL_Chipset/i875p/P4C800-E_Deluxe/

"formerprof" <formerprof@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Where are you finding 1019 for the P4C800E-Deluxe? The highest I've
> been able to find is 1018.
>
> Incidentally, "frequently" for version upgrades that go sour is
> overstating it immensely. I myself have done more than hundred without
> incident, and I think that that is the common experience. Upgrades may
> not always include performance increases (although 1018 in the
> P4C800E-Dlx does offer CPU unlocking), but they do often incorporate
> bug fixes. Thanks and all good wishes.
>

> formerprof
>

> "Dave" <empeaNOSPAM3@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you Dave. I did order a BIOS Savior so there would not be much
>> of a chance of making the MoBo not boot. I had heard that the 1019
>> makes the system boot faster.
>>

>> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in news:3%ffd.6891$R05.1340@attbi_s53:
>>

>>> No! BIOS upgrades are for fixing problems that occur in a given
>>> user's specific setup. They do NOT offer performance upgrades. If
>>> it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>> Note: You may not be aware that frequently BIOS version upgrades go
>>> wrong during execution, leaving you with a corrupt BIOS and a dead
>>> motherboard.

Jim

If I am not too wrong, the p4c800e deluxe has a bios repair on the cd or
disk if a problem happens