Fax-modem problem

I have a problem with installing new fax-modem. Mainboard: CUBX-L , CPU :
Intel 500Mhz,
After inserting internal modem WIN NT doesn't start properly, and computer
restarts. After that it gets into BIOS settings with a message: During the
last boot-up, your system hung for improper frequency combination. Your
system is now working in safe mode. To optimize the system performance and
reliability, make sure the frequency combination conforms to specifications
of your CPU, DIMM and other connected devices"

Settings:
CPU speed Manual
CPU Core 5.0x
CPU Bus/PCI Freq 100.3/33.43

Thanks for your help,

Paul.

Pawel Kosmeda wrote:
> I have a problem with installing new fax-modem. Mainboard: CUBX-L , CPU :
> Intel 500Mhz,
> After inserting internal modem WIN NT doesn't start properly, and computer
> restarts. After that it gets into BIOS settings with a message: During the
> last boot-up, your system hung for improper frequency combination. Your
> system is now working in safe mode. To optimize the system performance and
> reliability, make sure the frequency combination conforms to specifications
> of your CPU, DIMM and other connected devices"
>
> Settings:
> CPU speed Manual
> CPU Core 5.0x
> CPU Bus/PCI Freq 100.3/33.43
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Paul.

Paul, some thoughts... Make sure your serial/communication ports (COM1
and COM2) are NOT disabled in CMOS/BIOS. If they are, enable them. You
may have to run Add Hardware in Control Panel in order for NT to
recognize the newly enabled ports. Then try finding/setting the modem
on/to COM2/IRQ4.

Good luck,

Steven