floppy drive through parallel port

I have a HP Onmibook 6100 (win 2000) that allows me to
connect an external floppy drive via cable to the parallel
port. I have a new HP zd7000 (win XP Pro) and want to
attach the same drive to that computer but cannot find
floppy drive in the hardware list and XP is not seeing the
drive. HP, bless their hearts, have these two laptops
supported by different groups and neither are of any help
in the matter. Can I add a floppy drive through the
parallel port in XP and if so how?

Thanks, Billy

gerry

My recommendations on this would be to go to the
manufactures website (for the external floppy) and look
for some drivers. XP is not going to plug and pray this
one. You will have to install drivers manually. If you
can find the drivers, install them, power down, connect
the drive to the parallel port and "hopefully" all will
work. Good luck.

BTW: XP does not like to have parallel port devices, other than printers.