hello,
I have a problem with connection dsl ( modem usrobotics usr 139000).
After few minutes of connections the line is disconnected.
The problem is not due to the modem and even to the line but probably to the
mb ( asus k7v via kx 133 bios ver. 1008)
Win xp prof.
thanks

Paul

Splendid

In article <cljsij$k62$1@lacerta.tiscalinet.it>, "freedom2hot"
<freedom2hot@yahoo.it> wrote:

> hello,
> I have a problem with connection dsl ( modem usrobotics usr 139000).
> After few minutes of connections the line is disconnected.
> The problem is not due to the modem and even to the line but probably to the
> mb ( asus k7v via kx 133 bios ver. 1008)
> Win xp prof.
> thanks

Two possible solutions:

http://www.usbman.com/winxpusbguide.htm

1) Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device". Scroll
to the bottom of the above web page.
2) "Install a PCI/USB card.  Disable onboard USB function in the
BIOS". It is possible the USB just doesn't work right on
the motherboard, in which case you should buy and install a
USB PCI card, to replace the USB ports on the motherboard.

It is also possible to have problems with DHCP, but if the USR
139000 works with other computers, then the USB port is more
likely to be the problem.

(This modem appears on the Italian site, but not other sites, in
case anyone is looking for it...

http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-broadband-product.asp?loc=itly&prod=bb-scusb-adsl
)

HTH,