USB Cable Question

I have a USB 1 device hooked up to my computer with the supplied USB cable.
The computer is USB 2.0 enabled. I am replacing the USB 1 device with a USB
2.0 device. Do I have to replace the cable. (Its a real pain in the neck to
get to it.)

"KSB" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I have a USB 1 device hooked up to my computer with the supplied USB cable.
> The computer is USB 2.0 enabled. I am replacing the USB 1 device with a USB
> 2.0 device. Do I have to replace the cable. (Its a real pain in the neck to
> get to it.)

Try it and see. The only difference between USB 1 and USB 2.0
cables is that USB 2.0 cables are better shielded.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

The reason for that is USB 2.0 creates a lot of electrical interference.
You should be able to use your USB 1 cable, but if you experience
problems, definetly go out and buy a good USB 2.0 cable ;)

Nathan McNulty