Sign in with
Your question

How can I stop this pop up message?

Last response: in Mac Os X
May 2, 2012 1:41:40 AM

I was trying to find something that would allow me to take audio from internet videos, and in this attempt I downloaded something called Jakista. Didn't work, moved on to something else, and figured out how to do it. I threw Jakista into the trash but it turned out it was still hanging out in my startupitems folder because I would get this message:

"Items in the Startup Items folder (“/Library/StartupItems/”) have not been started because the folder does not have the proper security settings."

I removed it from there but I still get the message every time I start my computer. That folder is empty. I've even tried to erase the folder and it still comes up. My computer works fine but I hate this message coming up every time I start it. What can I do? I have an iMac. Mac OS X 10.6.8

More about : stop pop message

August 5, 2012 5:41:54 PM

Go into your system preferences and into accounts. From there you can access your startup items. This app should be in the list and removing it should stop this message from appearing every time you boot up your mac
m
l
!