capitol-letterless challenge- how to remap keyboard keys

i know this is possible but can't figure out how: after a spill my left-side SHIFT key won't work. i never realized how crucial/frequently used it is. now i want to switch the CAP LOCK and SHIFT key- i will lose use the CAPS, which i never use, but when i press the CAPS key it will act like the SHIFT key.

how do i do that?

thanks a million to anyone who can help me. capitol-letterless, shannon

Zach

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

The last time I heard anything that did something like
this, was an extension to your keyboard cable that could
be used to reprogram your keyboard. The only thing I can
think of in Windows is possibly using the Accesibility
Options. Either way, I think you could find a new
keybouard for under $15 and save yourself alot of time.
Hope that helped a little.
Zach

paulstelian97

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
You don't need to reprogram the keyboard. Use the scancode map. This can be graphically edited using SharpKeys from RandyRants.com (at least that's where the details from the executable file link). I have changed other useless keys to something more useful.