Setting up single SATA drive on P4800-E Deluxe

I have just purchased a WD 160 GB SATA drive and am trying to set it up.
Should I have the BIOS set to RAID or IDE? Second, which diver do I
install - Promise ATA, Promise RAID, or Via?

Thanks
Ron
2 answers Last reply
More about setting single sata drive p4800 deluxe

    Raid is for 2 drives if you only have one don't worry about it.
    You can use the Intel Sata port or the Promise, I use the Promise
    because it does UDMA 6. use the promise IDE (378 ATA) driver if not going
    raid.

    "no_one" <no_one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I have just purchased a WD 160 GB SATA drive and am trying to set it up.
    >Should I have the BIOS set to RAID or IDE? Second, which diver do I
    >install - Promise ATA, Promise RAID, or Via?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Ron

    Thanks for the reply; I decided to RTFM today and was suprised to see that
    I had seperate Promise and Intel SATA connectors (hey it was dark and it was
    late!). The references in the manual started to make sense and I started
    the installation from scratch. I am running Drive Copy as we speak (on the
    other machine of course) and hopefully we won't see this question from me
    again!

    Ron

    "tk" <tokinkosh@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Raid is for 2 drives if you only have one don't worry about it.
    > You can use the Intel Sata port or the Promise, I use the Promise
    > because it does UDMA 6. use the promise IDE (378 ATA) driver if not going
    > raid.
    >
    > "no_one" <no_one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>I have just purchased a WD 160 GB SATA drive and am trying to set it up.
    >>Should I have the BIOS set to RAID or IDE? Second, which diver do I
    >>install - Promise ATA, Promise RAID, or Via?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Ron

Asus SATA Western Digital Motherboards