Port Open Failure

I upgraded to Windows XP from Windows 98 a few days ago
and since then I've been unable to download songs to my
Creative Nomad MP3 player (which is very old and uses a
docking station connected to the computer by a parallel
port cable). I get a message each time that says
first "Port Open Failure" and then "Failure to download
file due to port unavailability."

I'm at a loss about what to do to resolve the problem,
and I'm quite desperate to get my MP3 player working
again! I've checked the obvious things: the cable is
connected solidly, everything's plugged in as it should
be. I even followed the Nomad's advice and changed the
LPT1 setting in BIOS to ECP instead of EPP... I'm not
even sure what that means, but I did it. :)

Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Alissa

You need the XP drivers for that Nomad..

--
Tumppi
Reply to group