Installl Tablet OS on touch screen hardware

July 2, 2004 11:10:52 AM

I am interested in installing the Tablet OS on a Sony U-
70 ultra portable PC which has a touch screen. What
issues should I prepare for since it has a passive
digitizer?
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 12:20:14 PM

Greetings --

WinXP Pro Tablet PC Edition is available only as a
pre-installed OEM operating system on specifically manufactured Tablet
PCs.

Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Home Page
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/default.asp

You cannot buy it to install on other devices.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"jkendrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am interested in installing the Tablet OS on a Sony U-
> 70 ultra portable PC which has a touch screen. What
> issues should I prepare for since it has a passive
> digitizer?
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 4:24:02 PM

yeah whatever....

too bad though that the tablet p.c. extensions are freely downloadable from ms so go get them and just add em to your install of win xp pro and you'll get all the same handwriting recognition features

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Greetings --
>
> WinXP Pro Tablet PC Edition is available only as a
> pre-installed OEM operating system on specifically manufactured Tablet
> PCs.
>
> Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Home Page
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/default.asp
>
> You cannot buy it to install on other devices.
>

> Bruce Chambers
> --
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
> having both at once. - RAH
>

> "jkendrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am interested in installing the Tablet OS on a Sony U-
> > 70 ultra portable PC which has a touch screen. What
> > issues should I prepare for since it has a passive
> > digitizer?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 12:24:14 PM

Actually it's available to MSDN subscribers like me. My
question was not about availability but rather what h/w
requirements the OS has.

Anonymous
July 3, 2004 3:40:48 PM

The main requirement is a recognized drawing pad--most of the Wacom pads are
recognized.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

!