A7N8X Deluxe SATA Boot problems

I have a SATA 120 GB drive on SATA0 and i just brought home an ide
raid array (2 drives striped). My problem is the only way i can get
my PC to boot from my SATA drive it to unplug the IDE RAID, setting
the bios to boot other devices = no, and first boot disc SCSI, or HDD0
both result in the IDE raid drive attempting to boot. I have searched
the internet high and low for a solution to my problem but found none.

I have the most recent bios update for my motherboard revision, 1.3 -
1006 BIOS. I have started to think its not possible

HAve you set the boot from SATA option?
"PGT2003" <hlibby@wowway-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I have the most recent bios update for my motherboard revision, 1.3 -
> 1006 BIOS. I have started to think its not possible

You need the Sata raid driver even with 1 drive and you need to set it boot
from SCSI.

But my problem is I have 2 SCSI devices, (read original post) and I
cannot get it to boot one over the other...

You have to activate one in the BIOS (CTL+s or F4 during post.)
when the Page 5.14 of your manual

news: 418a6131$1_1@alt.athenanews.com...