HP Deskjet 930c - funny colours

Suddenly, blue and red both come out as a kind of violet.. Have re-installed
the driver, changed both cartridges and checked software settings, all to no
avail. Can't find anything on the Web that helps. Do I need to physically clean
bits of the printer. If so, how? Thanks for any guidance.
Alison
Alison Gaunt http://members.aol.com/agaunt1000/agaunt.htm

Take a piece of toilet paper and press a nozzle part of your color cartridge
for a couple of second on it. And if you have not got clear Cyan and Magenta
and Yellow stamp on it, you have to buy a new cartridge.

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

"Alison Gaunt" <agaunt1000@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> Suddenly, blue and red both come out as a kind of violet.. Have
re-installed
> the driver, changed both cartridges and checked software settings, all to
no
> avail. Can't find anything on the Web that helps. Do I need to physically
clean
> bits of the printer. If so, how? Thanks for any guidance.
> Alison
> Alison Gaunt http://members.aol.com/agaunt1000/agaunt.htm

Cyan + magenta =blue
Magenta + yellow = red

As you are getting violet output (magenta) when printing red or blue then it
looks like neither the yellow or cyan are working. As you've tried 2 sets of
cartridges I would try cleaning the contacts in the printer where the cartridges
fit, but it does sound rather terminal. Lightning strike?

"Alison Gaunt" <agaunt1000@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> Suddenly, blue and red both come out as a kind of violet.. Have re-installed
> the driver, changed both cartridges and checked software settings, all to no
> avail. Can't find anything on the Web that helps. Do I need to physically
clean
> bits of the printer. If so, how? Thanks for any guidance.
> Alison
> Alison Gaunt http://members.aol.com/agaunt1000/agaunt.htm

What about if he has messed up bought cartridges in the same way?

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/