I only get forces in my joystick when it is the only one
connected. Ie I have to disconnect other joysticks to get
the forces. ANy ideas

My guess is that the game is seeing another joystick as the device to use.
Try opening the "Game Controllers" control in the Control Panel, click the
"Advanced..." button and see if the FF2 is set to be the "Preferred device".
Also, check to see if there are options in the game for selecting the
controller you want to use. Let me know if you need more help.

Joshua Smith
DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft
-----