Asus A8V Deluxe and Cosair memory question

I am looking to use 2 sticks of Cosair CMX512-3200XLPT with memory settings
of 2-2-2-5 with the A8V Deluxe motherboard and a AMD 3500+ 64 bit processor.
Any suggestions or opinions regarding this configuration would be
appreaciated.

TIA

"Johnny B." <striderlirr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<erggd.7314$UC4.3487123@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
> I am looking to use 2 sticks of Cosair CMX512-3200XLPT with memory settings
> of 2-2-2-5 with the A8V Deluxe motherboard and a AMD 3500+ 64 bit processor.
> Any suggestions or opinions regarding this configuration would be
> appreaciated.
>
> TIA

This is almost exactly what I have just set-up, except I've gone for
the 3200+ 64 bit processor. It runs fine. I can't compare to others of
the same sort of spec, but it is a vast improvement on my 1800+ setup.
Still got to play qith Q-Fan or Cool n Quiet.

The thing I can't find, but I haven't looked that hard yet, is how to
check what settings the memory is setup for. The Corsair is rated for
2-2-2-5, but whereas it used to be obvious in the bios when you
changed to manual, it is less obvious which setting is which on the
A8V.

Cheers
Roger

TRENDING THREADS