Wireless Networking - Printer Sharing

I have recently purchased a Belkin ADSL Modem with built-in Wireless Router
so that my daughter who has a Wireless enabled laptop can access the Internet
simultaneously with me on my desktop. No problems here. However, the Router
is supposed to allow my daughter to remotely print her documents created on
her laptop using the printer connected to my desktop PC using this wireless
set-up. I have tried to create a Home Network within Widows XP software but
have come to a dead end. I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone
please advise. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless networking printer sharing

    www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    "Deets" <Deets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently purchased a Belkin ADSL Modem with built-in Wireless Router
    > so that my daughter who has a Wireless enabled laptop can access the
    > Internet
    > simultaneously with me on my desktop. No problems here. However, the
    > Router
    > is supposed to allow my daughter to remotely print her documents created
    > on
    > her laptop using the printer connected to my desktop PC using this
    > wireless
    > set-up. I have tried to create a Home Network within Widows XP software
    > but
    > have come to a dead end. I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone
    > please advise. Thanks.

    "Deets" <Deets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently purchased a Belkin ADSL Modem with built-in Wireless Router
    > so that my daughter who has a Wireless enabled laptop can access the
    > Internet
    > simultaneously with me on my desktop. No problems here. However, the
    > Router
    > is supposed to allow my daughter to remotely print her documents created
    > on
    > her laptop using the printer connected to my desktop PC using this
    > wireless
    > set-up. I have tried to create a Home Network within Widows XP software
    > but
    > have come to a dead end. I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone
    > please advise. Thanks.

    If you have internet working then there is a good chance you have a network
    set up already.

    Go to start>>printers & Faxes. Right click on the printer you want to
    share. Click on properties then the sharing tab.

    Select share this printer.

    Next go to the laptop. Go to start>>printers and faxes and click on add
    printer. Select network printer and then browse for a printer then next.
    The shared printer should appear to be installed.

    If it doesn't appear, go back to the main PC click on start>>connect
    to>>show all connections. Right click on the local area connection and
    select properties. Make sure file and printer sharing for Microsoft
    networks is there.

    The previous post is good assuming you have already established a LAN.
    Run the XP networking wizard on both machines ensuring that each machine has
    a distinct and separate name but both must have the same workgroup name.

    "Tony" <ttiger@lineone.net> wrote in message

    > "Deets" <Deets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have recently purchased a Belkin ADSL Modem with built-in Wireless
    >>Router
    >> so that my daughter who has a Wireless enabled laptop can access the
    >> Internet
    >> simultaneously with me on my desktop. No problems here. However, the
    >> Router
    >> is supposed to allow my daughter to remotely print her documents created
    >> on
    >> her laptop using the printer connected to my desktop PC using this
    >> wireless
    >> set-up. I have tried to create a Home Network within Widows XP software
    >> but
    >> have come to a dead end. I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone
    >> please advise. Thanks.
    >
    > If you have internet working then there is a good chance you have a
    > network set up already.
    >
    > Go to start>>printers & Faxes. Right click on the printer you want to
    > share. Click on properties then the sharing tab.
    >
    > Select share this printer.
    >
    > Next go to the laptop. Go to start>>printers and faxes and click on add
    > printer. Select network printer and then browse for a printer then next.
    > The shared printer should appear to be installed.
    >
    > If it doesn't appear, go back to the main PC click on start>>connect
    > to>>show all connections. Right click on the local area connection and
    > select properties. Make sure file and printer sharing for Microsoft
    > networks is there.

Wireless Networking Printers Wireless Networking