Asus A7V600

HELP !!!

I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.

The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any options
for this in the bios.

How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
install win xp it says " No Harddisk "

What have i missed ?

The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....

Welsch
5 answers Last reply
More about asus a7v600

    There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
    bother with the RAID stuff if you only
    have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as all
    get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive is
    looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
    through boot sequence.
    two settings
    in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT ROM
    "ENABLED"
    in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
    boot device.
    LOL

    "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
    message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...

    In article <ZKygd.5220$Cb5.40425@newscontent-01.sprint.ca>,
    "notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> wrote:

    > There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
    > bother with the RAID stuff if you only
    > have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as all
    > get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive is
    > looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
    > through boot sequence.
    > two settings
    > in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT ROM
    > "ENABLED"
    > in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
    > boot device.
    > LOL

    Do you need to do an F6 driver install for this to work ?
    Or did this work with a vanilla driver from Windows ?

    I would have thought it would need a driver of some sort.

    Paul

    > "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
    > message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    > > HELP !!!
    > >
    > > I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
    > >
    > > The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
    > options
    > > for this in the bios.
    > >
    > > How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
    > > install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
    > >
    > > What have i missed ?
    > >
    > > The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....
    > >

    > > Welsch

    I can't remember but there was a CD with the MB that contains drivers for
    the VIA chipset.
    > In article <ZKygd.5220$Cb5.40425@newscontent-01.sprint.ca>,
    > "notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> wrote:
    >
    > > There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
    > > bother with the RAID stuff if you only
    > > have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as
    all
    > > get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive
    is
    > > looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
    > > through boot sequence.
    > > two settings
    > > in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT
    ROM
    > > "ENABLED"
    > > in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
    > > boot device.
    > > LOL
    > >
    > Do you need to do an F6 driver install for this to work ?
    > Or did this work with a vanilla driver from Windows ?
    >
    > I would have thought it would need a driver of some sort.
    >
    > Paul
    >

    > > "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote
    in
    > > message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    > > > HELP !!!
    > > >
    > > > I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
    > > >
    > > > The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
    > > options
    > > > for this in the bios.
    > > >
    > > > How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying
    > > > install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
    > > >
    > > > What have i missed ?
    > > >
    > > > The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus
    hp....

    > > > Welsch

    Hi

    I have tried these settings over and over again - it won´t work... I think
    the sata-connection on the board is defekt. It won´t see the disk when I´m
    trying to install Win Xp. Xp says " there are no disk installed "

    The settings that where mentioned below is not an option I can see anywhere
    in the bios....

    Thanx anyway...

    Welsch

    "notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
    > bother with the RAID stuff if you only
    > have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as
    > all
    > get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive is
    > looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
    > through boot sequence.
    > two settings
    > in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT ROM
    > "ENABLED"
    > in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
    > boot device.
    > LOL
    >

    > "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
    > message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    >> HELP !!!
    >>
    >> I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
    >>
    >> The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
    > options
    >> for this in the bios.
    >>
    >> How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
    >> install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
    >>
    >> What have i missed ?
    >>
    >> The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....
    >>

    >> Welsch

    They are there but you have to use the down arrow to get to the 2nd page of
    the settings
    "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
    message news:41836f01$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have tried these settings over and over again - it won´t work... I think
    > the sata-connection on the board is defekt. It won´t see the disk when I´m
    > trying to install Win Xp. Xp says " there are no disk installed "
    >
    > The settings that where mentioned below is not an option I can see
    anywhere
    > in the bios....
    >
    > Thanx anyway...
    >

    > Welsch
    >

    > "notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
    > > bother with the RAID stuff if you only
    > > have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as
    > > all
    > > get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive
    is
    > > looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
    > > through boot sequence.
    > > two settings
    > > in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT
    ROM
    > > "ENABLED"
    > > in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
    > > boot device.
    > > LOL
    > >

    > > "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote
    in
    > > message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    > >> HELP !!!
    > >>
    > >> I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
    > >>
    > >> The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
    > > options
    > >> for this in the bios.
    > >>
    > >> How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
    > >> install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
    > >>
    > >> What have i missed ?
    > >>
    > >> The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus
    hp....

    > >> Welsch

Asus BIOS Motherboards