Asus A7V600

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 30, 2004 1:34:43 AM

HELP !!!

I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.

The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any options
for this in the bios.

How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
install win xp it says " No Harddisk "

What have i missed ?

The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....

Welsch

More about : asus a7v600

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 30, 2004 1:34:44 AM

There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
bother with the RAID stuff if you only
have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as all
get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive is
looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
through boot sequence.
two settings
in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT ROM
"ENABLED"
in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
boot device.
LOL

"Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> HELP !!!
>
> I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
>
> The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
options
> for this in the bios.
>
> How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
> install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
>
> What have i missed ?
>
> The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....
>

> Welsch

October 30, 2004 1:34:45 AM

In article <ZKygd.5220$Cb5.40425@newscontent-01.sprint.ca>,
"notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> wrote:

> There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
> bother with the RAID stuff if you only
> have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as all
> get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive is
> looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
> through boot sequence.
> two settings
> in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT ROM
> "ENABLED"
> in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
> boot device.
> LOL

Do you need to do an F6 driver install for this to work ?
Or did this work with a vanilla driver from Windows ?

I would have thought it would need a driver of some sort.

Paul

> "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
> message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> > HELP !!!
> >
> > I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
> >
> > The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
> options
> > for this in the bios.
> >
> > How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
> > install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
> >
> > What have i missed ?
> >
> > The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....
> >

> > Welsch

a b V Motherboard
October 30, 2004 3:19:36 PM

I can't remember but there was a CD with the MB that contains drivers for
the VIA chipset.
> In article <ZKygd.5220$Cb5.40425@newscontent-01.sprint.ca>,
> "notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> wrote:
>
> > There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
> > bother with the RAID stuff if you only
> > have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as
all
> > get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive
is
> > looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
> > through boot sequence.
> > two settings
> > in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT
ROM
> > "ENABLED"
> > in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
> > boot device.
> > LOL
> >
> Do you need to do an F6 driver install for this to work ?
> Or did this work with a vanilla driver from Windows ?
>
> I would have thought it would need a driver of some sort.
>
> Paul
>

> > "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote
in
> > message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> > > HELP !!!
> > >
> > > I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
> > >
> > > The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
> > options
> > > for this in the bios.
> > >
> > > How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying
> > > install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
> > >
> > > What have i missed ?
> > >
> > > The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus
hp....

> > > Welsch

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 30, 2004 4:37:50 PM

Hi

I have tried these settings over and over again - it won´t work... I think
the sata-connection on the board is defekt. It won´t see the disk when I´m
trying to install Win Xp. Xp says " there are no disk installed "

The settings that where mentioned below is not an option I can see anywhere
in the bios....

Thanx anyway...

Welsch

"notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> There are settings in the bios. SATA works just fine. you don't have to
> bother with the RAID stuff if you only
> have one drive. I'm on Bios 1006 11/12/2003 and it works fine stable as
> all
> get out. You need XP SP1 to get all the disk if its > 120GB. The drive is
> looked at as SCSI drive. YOu should be able to see it listed as you go
> through boot sequence.
> two settings
> in Bios ADV->I/O DEVICE CONFIGURATION (second page) "ONBOARD ATA BOOT ROM
> "ENABLED"
> in Bios BOOT -> OTHER BOOT DEV "SCSI/ONBOARD ATA BOOT" selected as first
> boot device.
> LOL
>

> "Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
> message news:41829b52$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
>> HELP !!!
>>
>> I´m trying to make this board work for a friend of mine.
>>
>> The problem is that he had bought a sata disk - but I can´t see any
> options
>> for this in the bios.
>>
>> How do I set this up so the bios can see this disk ? When I´m trying to
>> install win xp it says " No Harddisk "
>>
>> What have i missed ?
>>
>> The Bios version now is 1006 Beta - I know there a new one on asus hp....
>>

>> Welsch

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 30, 2004 4:37:51 PM

They are there but you have to use the down arrow to get to the 2nd page of
the settings
"Von Welsch Sacred Birman" <dunkedyret@fjerndettemail-online.dk> wrote in
message news:41836f01$0$245$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...

!