USB media reader

When I try to install a SanDisk Cruzer or another USB memory device, Windows XP Pro goes through the installation process and says it is properly installed, but when I go to my computer to find a drive it is not there. I am not asked for a drive letter when the device self installs upon plug in.

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

Did you install the driver for the media reader before plugging it in?