A7N8X-E Deluxe AGP NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge p..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 30, 2004 7:05:35 PM

Hey guys,

I have some problems with my new mobo. I cant install the AGP slot correct.
In the device manager i see a question mark before "NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host
to PCI Bridge". If i get the proporties of it, i get next messages in the
device status:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
devices on your system.

Click troubleshooter to start the troubleshooter for this device."

My video card is the only device in a slot. The rest is on-board.
I use win2k and my video card is a 3D Prophet 4500 from Hercules.

I had the same graphics card and os on my old pc and had never problems with
it.

Can anybody help me?

Thx in advance

John
October 30, 2004 9:12:45 PM

That card is an ATI based one.
Uninstall the motherboard drivers and re install them.
Also the problem is a Bios one and not drivers.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2004 12:47:09 AM

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, same motherboard and video card.
building a new computer and had ordered a new ATI card but rather than
wait for delivery i put together with my old Hercules. I assume that
the problem is that the Herc card is a 4x AGP and the ASUS only takes
8x and that is causing the strange message, will know better tomorrow
when the ATI card gets here. will let you know.

Fred

!