Lost CD Drives

Hi
I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
--
Cheers
Lev Baddley

Lev, check here. www.dougknox.com WinXPFixes Right Column 10
down.
"Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
> --
> Cheers
> Lev Baddley

Hi Barry
Thanks for the input - I downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions, but still no joy
--
Cheers
Lev Baddley

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Lev, check here. www.dougknox.com WinXPFixes Right Column 10
> down.
> "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
> Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
> deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
> re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Lev Baddley

Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
the CD's show back up in WE.
"Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
> --
> Cheers
> Lev Baddley

Hi Barry
Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
--
Cheers
Lev Baddley

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
> Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
> the CD's show back up in WE.
> "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
> Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
> deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
> re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Lev Baddley

Lev, LOL are you sure you want me to recommend something else. Are
these drives USB? or IDE?
Can you send me a little more info on your computer. Make and Model of
Motherboard would be a big
help. Try going back to Device Manager and uninstall ALL the USB
Controllers. Disconnect all your USB
Devices first. Restart and let XP reinstall them.

> Hi Barry
> Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help
you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
> --
> Cheers
> Lev Baddley
>

> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
> > Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
> > Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
> > the CD's show back up in WE.
> > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my
CD
> > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
> > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them
on a
> > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
> > > --
> > > Cheers
> > > Lev Baddley

Hi again Barry
I've uninstalled all the USB controllers, rebooted and XP found them all again. It was also found for the webcam but a message came up as follows - 'File CamDrL21,sys on Logitech USB video camers is needed'. I'm asuming that this file will be on the Logitech CD, but as I don't have a CD Rom to put it in I won't be able to find it.
My system is as follows:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ processor, speed 1.54GHz
Mainboard: VT8366-8233
System BIOS: Award Software International, Inc.6.00 PG
Chipset: VIA Technologies Inc VT8366/A Apollo KT266/A,KT333
CD-ROM: Creative CD3630E AC101
CD-ROM: Sony CD-RW CRX120E

I hope this is enough information and thanks once again for your help
--
Cheers
Lev Baddley

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Lev, LOL are you sure you want me to recommend something else. Are
> these drives USB? or IDE?
> Can you send me a little more info on your computer. Make and Model of
> Motherboard would be a big
> help. Try going back to Device Manager and uninstall ALL the USB
> Controllers. Disconnect all your USB
> Devices first. Restart and let XP reinstall them.
>

> "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Barry
> > Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help
> you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Lev Baddley
> >

> > "Rich Barry" wrote:
> >
> > > Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
> > > Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
> > > the CD's show back up in WE.
> > > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> CD
> > > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
> > > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them
> on a
> > > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?

Hi Barry
Good news - I've got my webcam back - I went to the Logitech Website and downloaded the full software (39mb) and reinstalled it.
Still no CD ROM drives though
--
Cheers
Lev Baddley