Lost CD Drives

Hi
I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
--
Cheers
Lev Baddley

    Lev, check here. www.dougknox.com WinXPFixes Right Column 10
    down.
    "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
    Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
    re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Lev Baddley

    Hi Barry
    Thanks for the input - I downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions, but still no joy
    --
    Cheers
    Lev Baddley

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Lev, check here. www.dougknox.com WinXPFixes Right Column 10
    > down.
    > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
    > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
    > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
    > > --
    > > Cheers
    > > Lev Baddley

    Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
    Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
    the CD's show back up in WE.
    "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
    Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
    re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Lev Baddley

    Hi Barry
    Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
    --
    Cheers
    Lev Baddley

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
    > Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
    > the CD's show back up in WE.
    > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my CD
    > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them on a
    > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
    > > --
    > > Cheers
    > > Lev Baddley

    Lev, LOL are you sure you want me to recommend something else. Are
    these drives USB? or IDE?
    Can you send me a little more info on your computer. Make and Model of
    Motherboard would be a big
    help. Try going back to Device Manager and uninstall ALL the USB
    Controllers. Disconnect all your USB
    Devices first. Restart and let XP reinstall them.

    > Hi Barry
    > Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help
    you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Lev Baddley
    >

    > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    >
    > > Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
    > > Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
    > > the CD's show back up in WE.
    > > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi
    > > > I recently installed a Logitech Pro 4000 webcam and now I have lost my
    CD
    > > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    > > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them
    on a
    > > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?
    > > > --
    > > > Cheers
    > > > Lev Baddley

    Hi again Barry
    I've uninstalled all the USB controllers, rebooted and XP found them all again. It was also found for the webcam but a message came up as follows - 'File CamDrL21,sys on Logitech USB video camers is needed'. I'm asuming that this file will be on the Logitech CD, but as I don't have a CD Rom to put it in I won't be able to find it.
    My system is as follows:
    AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ processor, speed 1.54GHz
    Mainboard: VT8366-8233
    System BIOS: Award Software International, Inc.6.00 PG
    Chipset: VIA Technologies Inc VT8366/A Apollo KT266/A,KT333
    CD-ROM: Creative CD3630E AC101
    CD-ROM: Sony CD-RW CRX120E

    I hope this is enough information and thanks once again for your help
    --
    Cheers
    Lev Baddley

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Lev, LOL are you sure you want me to recommend something else. Are
    > these drives USB? or IDE?
    > Can you send me a little more info on your computer. Make and Model of
    > Motherboard would be a big
    > help. Try going back to Device Manager and uninstall ALL the USB
    > Controllers. Disconnect all your USB
    > Devices first. Restart and let XP reinstall them.
    >

    > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Barry
    > > Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help
    > you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
    > > --
    > > Cheers
    > > Lev Baddley
    > >

    > > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
    > > > Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
    > > > the CD's show back up in WE.
    > > > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > CD
    > > > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    > > > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them
    > on a
    > > > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?

    Hi Barry
    Good news - I've got my webcam back - I went to the Logitech Website and downloaded the full software (39mb) and reinstalled it.
    Still no CD ROM drives though
    --
    Cheers
    Lev Baddley

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Lev, LOL are you sure you want me to recommend something else. Are
    > these drives USB? or IDE?
    > Can you send me a little more info on your computer. Make and Model of
    > Motherboard would be a big
    > help. Try going back to Device Manager and uninstall ALL the USB
    > Controllers. Disconnect all your USB
    > Devices first. Restart and let XP reinstall them.
    >

    > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Barry
    > > Done that but still no drives and now no webcam!! I appreciate the help
    > you are giving, but have you any more ideas please?
    > > --
    > > Cheers
    > > Lev Baddley
    > >

    > > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Lev, backtrack and remove the Pro 4000 software from Control
    > > > Panel>Add/Remove Programs. See if
    > > > the CD's show back up in WE.
    > > > "Lev" <levbaddley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > CD
    > > > Drives. When I look in Windows Explorer, they are not listed. I have
    > > > deleted the drives in Device Manager, hoping Windows XP would find them
    > on a
    > > > re-boot, but it didn't. Any ideas anybody please?

CD-Rom Windows XP