K8N-E Deluxe, can't clock my Processor.

Hey, so I got a AMD64 3200 (2.2Ghz), and a K8N-E Deluxe motherboard,
but I can't clock my processor more than 1005mhz-1033mhz...
I set fsb in bios to 200 and the multiplier to 11, but when I boot
windows and check in Everest, it says that fsb is 205 and the
multiplier is 5.

Could this be because my powersupply is only 300W?
1 answer Last reply
More about deluxe clock processor

    Xinos wrote:
    > Hey, so I got a AMD64 3200 (2.2Ghz), and a K8N-E Deluxe motherboard,
    > but I can't clock my processor more than 1005mhz-1033mhz...
    > I set fsb in bios to 200 and the multiplier to 11, but when I boot
    > windows and check in Everest, it says that fsb is 205 and the
    > multiplier is 5.
    >
    > Could this be because my powersupply is only 300W?

    The key thing to look at, is the "Cool N' Quiet" setting
    in the BIOS.

    If "Cool N' Quiet" is disabled, then you can set the FSB
    and multiplier manually. On average, this will consume more
    power, than if using CNQ. But you get to choose the setting.
    This is useful if you like to overclock.

    If "Cool N' Quiet" is enabled, and no driver is present,
    then it will likely operate the motherboard at a low
    setting. That could be what is happening to you.

    If "Cool N' Quiet" is enabled, and a driver is installed,
    then the processor is operated at full speed, when the OS
    detects the processor running at 100% utilization, and the
    processor is slowed down when the CPU is idle. The FID and
    VID are changed in small steps, so there are no large jumps
    in power consumption, which helps to make this adjustment
    possible. This web page gives some sample instructions on
    setting up CNQ -

    http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/cnq.htm

    You may also find an interaction between the setting of
    Q-fan and CNQ. For the quietest operation, you can enable
    both of them. The fan speed varies, according to whether
    one or both of these is enabled.

    HTH,
    Paul

Asus Processors Motherboards