ASUS Live Update

I have a P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard and I want to update to the latest
BIOS. The Asus website says that I can do it with Live Update but I have to
use version 5.22.02 or later. The installation CD that came with my
purchase has
version 5.30.01 so it should be ok. However, when I connected to the Asus
FTP site using Live Update it won't show the latest BIOS version (v1018) for
selection. It only allows up to v1016(03/04/2004) for selection. How then
can I update Live Update to allow the latest BIOS version to be shown and
selected?

Thanks for any tips and help.
7 answers Last reply
More about asus live update

    why not do it the old fashioned and proper way?...create a bootdisk with the
    AWDFLASH utility and BIOS image and do it ?

    Why don't you simply DL it directly from their site?
    http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=Latest

    "Investigator" <jamesbond@email.net> wrote in message
    >I have a P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard and I want to update to the latest
    > BIOS. The Asus website says that I can do it with Live Update but I have
    > use version 5.22.02 or later. The installation CD that came with my
    > purchase has
    > version 5.30.01 so it should be ok. However, when I connected to the Asus
    > FTP site using Live Update it won't show the latest BIOS version (v1018)
    > for selection. It only allows up to v1016(03/04/2004) for selection. How
    > then can I update Live Update to allow the latest BIOS version to be shown
    > and selected?
    >
    > Thanks for any tips and help.

    are you having problems with the board if not then no need to update.

    "Investigator" <jamesbond@email.net> wrote in message
    >I have a P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard and I want to update to the latest
    > BIOS. The Asus website says that I can do it with Live Update but I have
    > use version 5.22.02 or later. The installation CD that came with my
    > purchase has
    > version 5.30.01 so it should be ok. However, when I connected to the Asus
    > FTP site using Live Update it won't show the latest BIOS version (v1018)
    > for selection. It only allows up to v1016(03/04/2004) for selection. How
    > then can I update Live Update to allow the latest BIOS version to be shown
    > and selected?
    >
    > Thanks for any tips and help.

    but if you don't know how to do it at all...especially from a boot disc..why
    do it? It is nice having a fancy utility to do it..but I hear of more people
    bad flashing that way than any other way.

    "DonC" <coondwc_nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Why don't you simply DL it directly from their site?
    > http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=Latest

    And then use LiveUpdate to "udpate BIOS from File".

    2 of the 3 ftp servers in LiveUpdate list are out of date.
    You have to choose the German one in the drop down list.
    The one that has the latest (1018) is ftp.asuscom.de

    It IS a good idea to update to Latest BIOS imo.

    "Alex" <alex@home> wrote in message

    > "DonC" <coondwc_nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Why don't you simply DL it directly from their site?
    >> http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=Latest
    >>

    > And then use LiveUpdate to "udpate BIOS from File".
    >
    > 2 of the 3 ftp servers in LiveUpdate list are out of date.
    > You have to choose the German one in the drop down list.
    > The one that has the latest (1018) is ftp.asuscom.de
    >
    > It IS a good idea to update to Latest BIOS imo.

    Maybe.... but not for the casual user who isn't experiencing any problems
    with his current IMHO.

    Found a new 1019 beta bios. It fixes the long Computer BIOS Post time with
    the 1018 bios.
    Theres a new option to "Quick detect Hard Drives"

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_478/INTEL_Chipset/i875p/

    Seems to work Fine here.

    "Investigator" <jamesbond@email.net> wrote in message
    >I have a P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard and I want to update to the latest
    > BIOS. The Asus website says that I can do it with Live Update but I have
    > use version 5.22.02 or later. The installation CD that came with my
    > purchase has
    > version 5.30.01 so it should be ok. However, when I connected to the Asus
    > FTP site using Live Update it won't show the latest BIOS version (v1018)
    > for selection. It only allows up to v1016(03/04/2004) for selection. How
    > then can I update Live Update to allow the latest BIOS version to be shown
    > and selected?
    >
    > Thanks for any tips and help.

Asus BIOS Motherboards