I have insalled a visioneer 4400 USB Scanner,after
install I am supposed to open the scanner from the
start,settings,scanner,I open this and there is no
response from the scanner!!is this the only way to open
the scanner? need help!! regards aga

"aga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have insalled a visioneer 4400 USB Scanner,after
> install I am supposed to open the scanner from the
> start,settings,scanner,I open this and there is no
> response from the scanner!!is this the only way to open
> the scanner? need help!! regards aga

I bought a Visioneer scanner a while ago, and it turned
out to be a total piece of garbage. I returned it and
bought another brand, which I have been very happy
with.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Hi Bob, Think you might be right,think I'll be doing the
same regards aga

I have the same scanner and have no problems.ican scan using the scanner and
camera wizard built into xp.

all i did was install the visioneer software ie 42 bit scanner so the
drivers are in the system..
then to make sure that WIA thats the windows image aquisition program or
scanner and camera wizard recognises your visioneer do the following

Right click on My computer on the desktop icon and select properties then
select hardware tab then device manage look down the list and you should see
something with a yellow mark against it click it and then select the driver
tab then click on update driver work thru the wizard then hey presto it
finds and installs the needed drivers and you can use your scanner either
thru the scanner and camera wizard or thru the visioneer scan manager in
your graphics program ie paint shop pro or such

I just use the scanner and camera wizard

Hope this helps