K8N-E and Norton Ghost

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 1, 2004 1:02:08 PM

Hi there,

I'm using a SATA HD is there a way of making a Ghost of the hard drive using
Norton Ghost 2003 as Ghost doesn't find my hard drive?

OS XP Pro.

Many thanks, Tim.

More about : k8n norton ghost

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 1, 2004 3:04:07 PM

Tim wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm using a SATA HD is there a way of making a Ghost of the hard drive using
> Norton Ghost 2003 as Ghost doesn't find my hard drive?
>
> OS XP Pro.
>
> Many thanks, Tim.

I haven't had any problems having Ghost recognize my SATA hard drives.
Have you looked into "Compatibility Mode" in the BIOS?

Dung.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 1, 2004 4:17:57 PM

>Subject: K8N-E and Norton Ghost
>From: "Tim" erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk
>Date: 11/1/2004 5:02 AM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Hi there,
>
>I'm using a SATA HD is there a way of making a Ghost of the hard drive using
>Norton Ghost 2003 as Ghost doesn't find my hard drive?
>
>OS XP Pro.
>
>Many thanks, Tim.

Try Acronis True Image 8.
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2004 1:31:56 AM

Tim:

Make sure you update Ghost 2003 to build 2003.793 via Live Update.

Dave

"Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
| Hi there,
|
| I'm using a SATA HD is there a way of making a Ghost of the hard drive using
| Norton Ghost 2003 as Ghost doesn't find my hard drive?
|
| OS XP Pro.
|
| Many thanks, Tim.

November 2, 2004 4:31:22 PM

Hi there,

Tried that but for some reason when I use Norton Ghost 2003 (793) booting
using the Ghost boot disk it just does not want to see the SATA drive.

Time to try again or use Casper XP.

Many thanks for your help, Tim.

"Mundungus Fletcher" <mun@dung.us> wrote in message
> Tim wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm using a SATA HD is there a way of making a Ghost of the hard drive
>> using
>> Norton Ghost 2003 as Ghost doesn't find my hard drive?
>>
>> OS XP Pro.
>>
>> Many thanks, Tim.
>
> I haven't had any problems having Ghost recognize my SATA hard drives.
> Have you looked into "Compatibility Mode" in the BIOS?
>
> Dung.
November 2, 2004 4:41:10 PM

Hi there,

I'm using the boot disk system and the boot disk was made from my Ghost 2003
(793) program.

But as I say it does not want to show the SATA drive which is odd because it
works on my Asus P4C800-E without a problem so I suspect it has something to
do with the K8N-E BIOS.

Will have do a bit more research or use Casper XP.

Many

> Tim:
>
> Make sure you update Ghost 2003 to build 2003.793 via Live Update.
>
> Dave
>

> "Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> | Hi there,
> |
> | I'm using a SATA HD is there a way of making a Ghost of the hard drive
> using
> | Norton Ghost 2003 as Ghost doesn't find my hard drive?
> |
> | OS XP Pro.
> |
> | Many thanks, Tim.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2004 8:19:14 PM

You have to insert a oem diskette for your SATA drive
when Ghost boots.

You press F6 when asked, then, later on, follow the
instructions.

The required files most likely can be found on your
installation CD.

---

Personally, I made an ISO of my original CD,
edited a few files and added the required drivers to
the CD.

20041101081757.15331.00002073@mb-m22.aol.com...

!