Nathan

I've recently purchased DVDXCopy so I could create
backups of my DVD's. Copying the DVD seems to be no
problem but the software does not seem to recognise my
NEC 2510A drive and so I cannot burn my DVD onto another
blank DVD disc. I heard somewhere that I would need to
have firmware installed. Is this true and if so where
can I find a trustworthy download as there is nothing on
the NEC website?

Thanks in advance

bar

Most unlikely story - no 'firmware' needed: by the way for firmware I refer to that microcode store on a chip in the DVD burner. To update this would be like 'flashing BIOS'.

Look to
http://hometheater.about.com/library/weekly/aadvdrecfaqa.htm

There are possibilities that your DVD burner isn't compatible with the DVDXcopy application, so check their website or call their support team.

"Nathan" wrote:

> I've recently purchased DVDXCopy so I could create
> backups of my DVD's. Copying the DVD seems to be no
> problem but the software does not seem to recognise my
> NEC 2510A drive and so I cannot burn my DVD onto another
> blank DVD disc. I heard somewhere that I would need to
> have firmware installed. Is this true and if so where
> can I find a trustworthy download as there is nothing on
> the NEC website?
>
> Thanks in advance

map

"Nathan" wrote:

> I've recently purchased DVDXCopy so I could create
> backups of my DVD's. Copying the DVD seems to be no
> problem but the software does not seem to recognise my
> NEC 2510A drive and so I cannot burn my DVD onto another
> blank DVD disc. I heard somewhere that I would need to
> have firmware installed. Is this true and if so where
> can I find a trustworthy download as there is nothing on
> the NEC website?
>
> Thanks in advance

Are these purchased movie DVD's?
If so DVD Xcopy (321studios) is under a court order not to provide a "ripper"
with there software. (Which makes it useless)
Try DVD shrink which is freeware
http://www.dvdr-digest.com/software/software.php?file=dvdshrink