CD drive not recognized/Code 32

I have a Sony CD-RW CRX810E that is not being recognized. The device status message is: "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I've followed the troubleshooting steps of uninstalling and installing the hardware but still no success.

Do you have third party software such as Nero or Roxio
installed?

"khilgers" <khilgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| I have a Sony CD-RW CRX810E that is not being recognized.
The device status message is: "A driver (service) for this
device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be
providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I've followed the
troubleshooting steps of uninstalling and installing the
hardware but still no success.

No, I don't have any third party software.