CD drive not recognized/Code 32

I have a Sony CD-RW CRX810E that is not being recognized. The device status message is: "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I've followed the troubleshooting steps of uninstalling and installing the hardware but still no success.
2 answers Last reply
More about drive recognized code

    Do you have third party software such as Nero or Roxio
    installed?

    "khilgers" <khilgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | I have a Sony CD-RW CRX810E that is not being recognized.
    The device status message is: "A driver (service) for this
    device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be
    providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I've followed the
    troubleshooting steps of uninstalling and installing the
    hardware but still no success.

    No, I don't have any third party software.

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > Do you have third party software such as Nero or Roxio
    > installed?

    > "khilgers" <khilgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > | I have a Sony CD-RW CRX810E that is not being recognized.
    > The device status message is: "A driver (service) for this
    > device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be
    > providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I've followed the
    > troubleshooting steps of uninstalling and installing the
    > hardware but still no success.

Hardware CD Drives Devices Windows XP