Hi,

the board work fine for 6 months (except the sound...). Now it won't start
up, the green light beside the AGP Port is on.
There is no Error code, not even a bleep when I try to turn it on...
Power sypply has 420 Watt, another Power supply dind't also not work.
Reduced the memory in one slot...Nothing helps...
CPU was an XP2800+, can it be damaged?

Thanks...

Dino

do the fans try and spin at all?..for starters..unplug power..reset CMOS and
try to boot...if not..disconnect all power except to M/B..(disconnect HD's
CD's..fans..etc).make sure CPU fan is only fan and try that..also just have
the Video card in...if it posts..reconnect everything and try again.

"dino" <whyme@help.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> do the fans try and spin at all?..for starters..unplug power..reset CMOS
> and
> try to boot...if not..disconnect all power except to M/B..(disconnect HD's
> CD's..fans..etc).make sure CPU fan is only fan and try that..also just
> have
> the Video card in...if it posts..reconnect everything and try again.

I did that days ago...The fan didn't start. I tried another Power-supply,
the fan started but no boot.
The Power-supply works well on another MB...wired...

peter

I would check the chip.....maybe something moved .Take off the heatsink and fan
,remove the chip,carefully wipe off the paste reapply new paste and reassemble.
peter

"peter" <peter@telus.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I would check the chip.....maybe something moved .Take off the heatsink and
>fan ,remove the chip,carefully wipe off the paste reapply new paste and
>reassemble.

I did that already. Tomorrow I will bring the cpu to my local dealer to
check it...