LG DVD Burner and ASUS AGP-v3800TNT2 Ultra

Hi Guys,
need a bit of help please I have just bought and installed a LG DVD Burner
4160B. It installed ok but when I tried to play a dvd, it said the
following:Error code F4D41436, this is a copy protected disk. Cannot be
played when the TV out function is enabled. I have an ASUS AGP V3800 TNT2
Ultra, it is around 5 years old. How do I disable the TV Out Function,
looked at the Asus site and could not find how to. Have sent Asus emails
before and they never answer. Would appreciate any advice.....maybe I need
a new graphics card if I can't sort it out
Thanks
Bob

Paul

Splendid

In article <41899db1@news.comindico.com.au>, "BH2"
<NOSPAMfurness50@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> need a bit of help please I have just bought and installed a LG DVD Burner
> 4160B. It installed ok but when I tried to play a dvd, it said the
> following:Error code F4D41436, this is a copy protected disk. Cannot be
> played when the TV out function is enabled. I have an ASUS AGP V3800 TNT2
> Ultra, it is around 5 years old. How do I disable the TV Out Function,
> looked at the Asus site and could not find how to. Have sent Asus emails
> before and they never answer. Would appreciate any advice.....maybe I need
> a new graphics card if I can't sort it out
> Thanks
> Bob

Enter the 8 digit error number in altavista.com search engine:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/topic/24370-1.html

It suggests rolling back the Nvidia driver.

This one suggests a registry hack to disable the appearance of
a working TV output.

http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/1413.html

HTH,
Paul