A7N8X - Rev 1.04 BIOS recommendations

I have an A7N8X - Rev 1.04 motherboard that currently runs the
Version 1008 BIOS available from the Asus Website for this board.

According to the Asus Website, the 1008 BIOS version for the
A7N8X - Rev 1.03, Rev 1.04 and Rev 1.06 motherboard models
was released on June 3, 2003 (2003/07/03).

However, the Asus Website also shows a Version 1007 BIOS for
these motherboard models -- which was released on August 9, 2003
(2003/10/09).

Can anyone tell me which BIOS version is the proper one to use
for the latest compatibility fixes?

Bill

Paul

Splendid

In article <Jdhid.68607$df2.57045@edtnps89>, "Bill Drake"
<bdrake@telus.net> wrote:

> I have an A7N8X - Rev 1.04 motherboard that currently runs the
> Version 1008 BIOS available from the Asus Website for this board.
>
> According to the Asus Website, the 1008 BIOS version for the
> A7N8X - Rev 1.03, Rev 1.04 and Rev 1.06 motherboard models
> was released on June 3, 2003 (2003/07/03).
>

> However, the Asus Website also shows a Version 1007 BIOS for
> these motherboard models -- which was released on August 9, 2003
> (2003/10/09).
>

> Can anyone tell me which BIOS version is the proper one to use
> for the latest compatibility fixes?

> Bill

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x/

When I download and unzip them, the dates inside are:

AN8B1002.BIN Jan 30, 2003
an8b1003.BIN Apr 1, 2003
AN8B1004.BIN May 14, 2003
an8b1006.bin Aug 19, 2003
AN8B1007.BIN Oct 8, 2003
AN8B1008.BIN Mar 30, 2004
AN8B1009.BIN Sep 16, 2004

I would think the beta BIOS 1009 is the latest. Click
beta then bios, and you'll see 1009 there. (The c1005b02
for the rev 2 board appears to be a bogus entry, at
least based on its date.)

I tried searching, using AN8B1009, on nforcershq.com,
and there is only one mention of that file, so I
guess no one had a problem with it. Even Google is
strangely quiet.

HTH,
Paul

Sam

Sometime on, or about Thu, 04 Nov 2004 04:20:37 -0400, Paul wrote:

> In article <Jdhid.68607$df2.57045@edtnps89>, "Bill Drake"
> <bdrake@telus.net> wrote:
>
>> I have an A7N8X - Rev 1.04 motherboard that currently runs the
>> Version 1008 BIOS available from the Asus Website for this board.
>>
>> According to the Asus Website, the 1008 BIOS version for the
>> A7N8X - Rev 1.03, Rev 1.04 and Rev 1.06 motherboard models
>> was released on June 3, 2003 (2003/07/03).
>>
>> However, the Asus Website also shows a Version 1007 BIOS for
>> these motherboard models -- which was released on August 9, 2003
>> (2003/10/09).
>>
>> Can anyone tell me which BIOS version is the proper one to use
>> for the latest compatibility fixes?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
>>
>> Bill
>
> ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x/
>
> When I download and unzip them, the dates inside are:
>
> AN8B1002.BIN Jan 30, 2003
> an8b1003.BIN Apr 1, 2003
> AN8B1004.BIN May 14, 2003
> an8b1006.bin Aug 19, 2003
> AN8B1007.BIN Oct 8, 2003
> AN8B1008.BIN Mar 30, 2004
> AN8B1009.BIN Sep 16, 2004
>
> I would think the beta BIOS 1009 is the latest. Click
> beta then bios, and you'll see 1009 there. (The c1005b02
> for the rev 2 board appears to be a bogus entry, at
> least based on its date.)
>
> I tried searching, using AN8B1009, on nforcershq.com,
> and there is only one mention of that file, so I
> guess no one had a problem with it. Even Google is
> strangely quiet.
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Wouldn't using a beta bios be sort of dangerous? The latest one on
their website is the 1008.

Sam
--
To mail me, please get rid of the BS first

"Bill Drake" <bdrake@telus.net> a écrit dans le message de
> I have an A7N8X - Rev 1.04 motherboard that currently runs the
> Version 1008 BIOS available from the Asus Website for this board.
>
> According to the Asus Website, the 1008 BIOS version for the
> A7N8X - Rev 1.03, Rev 1.04 and Rev 1.06 motherboard models
> was released on June 3, 2003 (2003/07/03).
>

> However, the Asus Website also shows a Version 1007 BIOS for
> these motherboard models -- which was released on August 9, 2003
> (2003/10/09).
>

> Can anyone tell me which BIOS version is the proper one to use
> for the latest compatibility fixes?

More information on Asus NForce Bioses than you can shake a stick at ...
here : http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15505
(Don't forget to update your SATA drivers (if using SATA) before updating
the Bios)

I can particularly recommend the 1008 Uber bios - it's the Asus bios with
many of the hidden options activated.

Clive