Hard drive not detected

Hi
Whilst using Real One Player my computer froze. When I
restarted I could hear a 'click.....click....click' from
one of my hard drives and noticed on the boot up screen it
could not be detected. A message appears at the bottom of
the screen saying "MasterHDD Error-F1 to continue" If I
leave the drive connected I can boot into XP but when the
log-in screen appears the computer restarts. If I
disconnect the hard drive XP boots OK but my taskbar and
start menu don't work. The drive that is not detected
contains installation folders for all programs.
I've tried the drive on another computer but the same
happens.
Any ideas???

Win XPhome, AMD 2400XP Processor, 40Gb drive (OS on this
drive, 2 80GB drives (one primary slave, other Secondary
master(this one is the one not being detected)), 1GB Ram
etc
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive detected

    Install xp cd,boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter key for password,at cmd
    screen type:DiskPart The hds are listed,verify the hd that doesnt show
    in explorer,then type:EXIT Back at cmd screen type:CHKDSK D: /R
    D: being the hd,when its thru type:EXIT REmove xp cd,and let xp restart.
    You can go to run,type:diskmgmt.msc L.click the hd,actions all,select,make
    active,(if not chkd already).

    "Lordspudz" wrote:

    > Hi
    > Whilst using Real One Player my computer froze. When I
    > restarted I could hear a 'click.....click....click' from
    > one of my hard drives and noticed on the boot up screen it
    > could not be detected. A message appears at the bottom of
    > the screen saying "MasterHDD Error-F1 to continue" If I
    > leave the drive connected I can boot into XP but when the
    > log-in screen appears the computer restarts. If I
    > disconnect the hard drive XP boots OK but my taskbar and
    > start menu don't work. The drive that is not detected
    > contains installation folders for all programs.
    > I've tried the drive on another computer but the same
    > happens.
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Win XPhome, AMD 2400XP Processor, 40Gb drive (OS on this
    > drive, 2 80GB drives (one primary slave, other Secondary
    > master(this one is the one not being detected)), 1GB Ram
    > etc

Hard Drives Windows XP