Hard drive not detected

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
July 4, 2004 12:38:12 PM

Hi
Whilst using Real One Player my computer froze. When I
restarted I could hear a 'click.....click....click' from
one of my hard drives and noticed on the boot up screen it
could not be detected. A message appears at the bottom of
the screen saying "MasterHDD Error-F1 to continue" If I
leave the drive connected I can boot into XP but when the
log-in screen appears the computer restarts. If I
disconnect the hard drive XP boots OK but my taskbar and
start menu don't work. The drive that is not detected
contains installation folders for all programs.
I've tried the drive on another computer but the same
happens.
Any ideas???

Win XPhome, AMD 2400XP Processor, 40Gb drive (OS on this
drive, 2 80GB drives (one primary slave, other Secondary
master(this one is the one not being detected)), 1GB Ram
etc

More about : hard drive detected

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 2:37:02 PM

Install xp cd,boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter key for password,at cmd
screen type:D iskPart The hds are listed,verify the hd that doesnt show
in explorer,then type:EXIT Back at cmd screen type:CHKDSK D: /R
D: being the hd,when its thru type:EXIT REmove xp cd,and let xp restart.
You can go to run,type:D iskmgmt.msc L.click the hd,actions all,select,make
active,(if not chkd already).

!