to 'PCI').
I have BIOS version 1005.

Thanks and regards,
Leander

"Leander Seige" <mjkl@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:418A0C7F.6CA90E22@gmx.de...
> i have an Asus K8N-E Deluxe with two
> VGA cards(one AGP + one PCI) and

Hmm, don't understand why you're using 2 cards...take a card with 2 outs,
cheap...

> Hmm, don't understand why you're using 2 cards...take a card with 2 outs,
> cheap...

Because I want to feed two displays while having still a control
monitor.
With a separate PCI card I can easily control what's going on on the
AGP card.

> Because I want to feed two displays while having still a control
> monitor.
> With a separate PCI card I can easily control what's going on on the
> AGP card.

And this is not possible with an AGP-Card with 2 or more outs?

> And this is not possible with an AGP-Card with 2 or more outs?

I don't see a reason to spend money for a 3-head card as
long as the equipment I have should be able to do what I want.

> I don't see a reason to spend money for a 3-head card as
> long as the equipment I have should be able to do what I want.

OK, now I understand...but I have no solution for your problem. Perhaps your
equipment isn't able to do
what you want? You'll get a 2-head card for under 50 Euro and your problems
are blown away...And
your PCI-bus will save ressources...

> what you want? You'll get a 2-head card for under 50 Euro and your problems
> are blown away...

No, even if I get a 2,3,4 or more headed card I would like my xserver to
run
exclusively on the AGP card. For controling my program I only need a
simple
console (stdin/stdout cmd line interface) while the program itself
displays
realtime 3d, video etc on the xserver. For the future I want to feed as
much
displays as possible with one AGP card while my controling console needs
only
low bandwidth and an additional PCI card will be sufficient for this I
think.
So as long as I have a little hope that I can make my PCI card the
primary
video adapter for booting and the basic console interface I will not
think
of wasting one of the fast vga-outs of the AGP card for the controling
console.
Besides that I have a little doubt that I can part one AGP card into one
normal console and using the rest with the xserver.
On the other hand I could try to make the linux kernel boot on the PCI
card
so only the BIOS will show up on the AGP card, but preferably the outs
of
the AGP should remain completely black.

Leander

> No, even if I get a 2,3,4 or more headed card I would like my xserver to
> the AGP should remain completely black.

Meanwhile I found a non-plus-ultra solution for my problem.
I log in the machine via serial line from my ancient
powerbook (68030 ;) for controling, so I dont need any
additional vga out.

Leander