Delayed write failed

Hi all,

I just recently installed an IDE into a RAID set on my P4PE. Since
installing it, I've been receiving errors, "delayed write failed" on that
drive. Drive was working fine before the RAID. Any ideas?

Thanks

It continues, "was unable to save all the information in file h:\$mft" (no
idea what that file is)

In article <q9CdnQaa3a_RtRfcRVn-2g@rogers.com>,
hbtoREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...
> Hi all,
>
> I just recently installed an IDE into a RAID set on my P4PE. Since
> installing it, I've been receiving errors, "delayed write failed" on that
> drive. Drive was working fine before the RAID. Any ideas?

If you are using updated drivers, proper cables, and have patched your
OS, then it's only one thing - bad drive(s). There are many times when a
drive will work in one setting and not in another due to the way that
the controller handles the drive.

When I see Delayed Write errors it's always a sign of hardware faults -
or a systems that is so overloaded that the write fails (but the entire
system would be locked up at the same time).

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

TRENDING THREADS