Convert PS/2 Portable Mouse to USB

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I have a Logitech PS/2 TrackMan - Portable Mouse and would like to convert
it to be used on USB port of my new notebook computer. This product is no
longer available and I like it very much. I bought a cable with a PS/2
socket on one end and USB on other end but not work. Can someone tell me
how to convert it to be used on USB port.

Thanks and regards,

Ray

I think that the mouse must be made so that it can work both on USB and on
PS2, so your simple adaptor wont work.
There are however some small converters that have circuits inside that is
USB and permits a PS2 keyboard and a mouse to be plugged in.
But I would think that it would be better to go buy a new USB mouse....

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

"Ray" <rayli72@hkbn.net> wrote in message
> I have a Logitech PS/2 TrackMan - Portable Mouse and would like to convert
> it to be used on USB port of my new notebook computer. This product is no
> longer available and I like it very much. I bought a cable with a PS/2
> socket on one end and USB on other end but not work. Can someone tell me
> how to convert it to be used on USB port.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Ray

---

norm

Do you have a PS/2 port on your laptop?

"Ray" <rayli72@hkbn.net> wrote in message
> I have a Logitech PS/2 TrackMan - Portable Mouse and would like to convert
> it to be used on USB port of my new notebook computer. This product is no
> longer available and I like it very much. I bought a cable with a PS/2
> socket on one end and USB on other end but not work. Can someone tell me
> how to convert it to be used on USB port.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Ray

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Kenny,

Thanks for your reply. I will look for that converter.

Ray