Access to workgroup denied

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 6, 2005 4:21:03 PM

I'm trying to help a friend share some files on a wireless LAN (Dell
Truemobile 2300 router). She has a desktop with some files that are in a
folder that is shared. She is in a workgroup called "Barbs workgroup". On her
laptop, she is also in the same workgroup. Both machines seem to be
functioning OK and can access to the Internet. When I go to my network places
and drill down to the workgroup, she gets an access denied to the workgroup.
Not sure why. Its an administrator type ID. I'm not sure how to get her
access to this workgroup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there is a printer on the network that can be accessed by the desktop
and not the laptop. I can't see the print on the network as well. Could this
be related? Its connected to the 2300 via an ethernet cable (not wirelss).

Thanks,

Bud
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 11:37:49 PM

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"Bud Ketterl" <Bud Ketterl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to help a friend share some files on a wireless LAN (Dell
> Truemobile 2300 router). She has a desktop with some files that are in a
> folder that is shared. She is in a workgroup called "Barbs workgroup". On
> her
> laptop, she is also in the same workgroup. Both machines seem to be
> functioning OK and can access to the Internet. When I go to my network
> places
> and drill down to the workgroup, she gets an access denied to the
> workgroup.
> Not sure why. Its an administrator type ID. I'm not sure how to get her
> access to this workgroup.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, there is a printer on the network that can be accessed by the
> desktop
> and not the laptop. I can't see the print on the network as well. Could
> this
> be related? Its connected to the 2300 via an ethernet cable (not wirelss).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bud
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 3:03:54 AM