steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi

Have tried to upgrade from a Ti4200 to a XFX FX5900XT Gforce..........but
after a few hrs the system becomes unstable......even had the pc rebooting
itself constantly. Fitted new 520 w power supply to see if there was a power
prob...............i have sent the card back for testing but was interested
to know if there is any known issues with this board and make of video card
??? Thanks.

heat, sounds like the videocard memory is overheating. I have the same board
and had the same card before I upgraded - works flawlessly. Ensure you have
excellent case air circulation.

"Steve" <stephen.m@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Have tried to upgrade from a Ti4200 to a XFX FX5900XT Gforce..........but
> after a few hrs the system becomes unstable......even had the pc rebooting
> itself constantly. Fitted new 520 w power supply to see if there was a
power
> prob...............i have sent the card back for testing but was
interested
> to know if there is any known issues with this board and make of video
card
> ??? Thanks.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi............because i had to replace the power suppy i had both sides off
the case for the whole time and it was still unstable ........im hoping its
a faulty card .

"Blaedmon" <ass@beamer.com> wrote in message
> heat, sounds like the videocard memory is overheating. I have the same
> board
> and had the same card before I upgraded - works flawlessly. Ensure you
> have
> excellent case air circulation.
>
> "Steve" <stephen.m@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Have tried to upgrade from a Ti4200 to a XFX FX5900XT Gforce..........but
>> after a few hrs the system becomes unstable......even had the pc
>> rebooting
>> itself constantly. Fitted new 520 w power supply to see if there was a
> power
>> prob...............i have sent the card back for testing but was
> interested
>> to know if there is any known issues with this board and make of video
> card
>> ??? Thanks.

Venom

Does yer card have a fan on the chipset ? If not, then buy and fit one.