IDE Device

I have been having trouble with my computer and when I used the resource cd and ran a diagnostics it said
Error Code 00f00:133D
IDE device failed
Incompatable cd for testing.
Can anybody help me out here. Dell tech support has had me reformatt about 3 times in the last 3 weeks. this one is not going away and wont alow another reformatting

Did you try a different Cdrom drive?