P4C800-E and the onboard Firewire port

Tim

Hi there,

Are there still issues with the onboard Firewire port dropping frames when
importing DV into Premier Pro or any other software.

I did have problems before with a P4C800 but has the issue been resolved or
is there a fix?

Many thanks, Tim.

Tim a écrit :

> Hi there,
>
> Are there still issues with the onboard Firewire port dropping frames
> when importing DV into Premier Pro or any other software.
>
> I did have problems before with a P4C800 but has the issue been
> resolved or is there a fix?
>
> Many thanks, Tim.

No problem with the P4C800-E Deluxe if you capture onto the Intel ICH5R RAID
controller. The problem occured with the P4C800 Deluxe onto the Promise RAID
controller.

--
Lucius Snow
"I'm not here, this isn't happening" - Thom Yorke

Tim

Hi there,

Thanks for you response but can I just clarify a few points, I'm not using
raid but loaded my OS XP Pro-SP2 onto the SATA 1 port using the Promise
controller but can have the SATA drive I intend to capture to on one of the
top two SATA ports which I assume are controlled by the Intel ICH5R raid
controller will that work or should I have loaded my OS onto the ICH5R SATA
1 port?

If I should have done that is there anyway I can swap my current OS from the
Promise SATA to the Intel ICH5R or should I just do a format and reinstall?

Thanks for your input, Tim.

Tim a écrit :

> Hi there,

Hello,

> Thanks for you response but can I just clarify a few points, I'm not
> using raid but loaded my OS XP Pro-SP2 onto the SATA 1 port using the
> Promise controller but can have the SATA drive I intend to capture to
> on one of the top two SATA ports which I assume are controlled by the
> Intel ICH5R raid controller will that work or should I have loaded my
> OS onto the ICH5R SATA 1 port?

I don't know really, sorry. You should try the different possibilities.
However, i'd myself not use the Promise controller at all.

> If I should have done that is there anyway I can swap my current OS
> from the Promise SATA to the Intel ICH5R or should I just do a format
> and reinstall?

If you move your OS from a hard drive mounted on a controller onto another
one, you won't be able to boot. A blue screen with the 7B error will occur.
You can attempt a repair installation by booting from XP CD. But a clean
install would be better.

> Thanks for your input, Tim.

No problem, cheers.