spray coating

I am looking for comments from those that use a spray coating on their
prints to help enhance and protect the finish. This may or may not be
the appropriate group for this subject but its more on target than
recent political topics.

Anyway, I could only assume it would add a "wet-look" as you may get
from a lab. How is the durability when it dries , etc... cracking,
flaking, any such things happening?

How about economics? What is the added cost of using a coating on a
5x7 or 8x10.

thanks for lookin...

in article 095g905d637pd767nn58ebvreq9sc6sjci@4ax.com, beezer at
beezer@rezeeb.moc wrote on 5/4/04 6:16 PM:

> I am looking for comments from those that use a spray coating on their
> prints to help enhance and protect the finish. This may or may not be
> the appropriate group for this subject but its more on target than
> recent political topics.

This is a small point, but if you will examine the headers you will note
that the political topics were not being discussed in this group.
Larry

On Tue, 04 May 2004 19:19:14 -0400, Larry Preuss
<LPreuss@NocomNocast.net> wrote:

>This is a small point, but if you will examine the headers you will note
>that the political topics were not being discussed in this group.
> Larry

Thank you and yes it is small. Needless and small. Now back to the
topic wishing to be discussed. Anyone?

For what it is worth, I ONLY put a protective clear plastic on booklet
covers or postcards, both printed on 10 pt. CS1 book cover stock. This is
not supposed to be art, but very utilitarian. I buy a few cans of the
cheapest clear spray paint I can find at WalMart, etc., and give each glossy
surface printed with three light coats. The stuff works great. An artist
friend tried to rubber stamp an image on a booklet cover and it simply wiped
away. A recent batch of postcards for a small national mailing not only
resisted the florescent US Post Office spray one bar code -- a bad thing --
but protected the glossy surface while the backside got scuffed.

In am going to buy an Epson 22-whatever 13 x 19 printer for business use in
about three months and use their inks, paper, and rely on tests suggesting a
long life for prints. (Oh, I have a print of the famous faux TIME magazine
cover of newly-elected President George Bush on my office wall printed on
Epson 8 x 11.5 paper 3.5 years ago with an HP 932C printer. No special
treatment. No signs of fading.)

Cheers,
kds
======================
beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
> I am looking for comments from those that use a spray coating on their
> prints to help enhance and protect the finish. This may or may not be
> the appropriate group for this subject but its more on target than
> recent political topics.
>
> Anyway, I could only assume it would add a "wet-look" as you may get
> from a lab. How is the durability when it dries , etc... cracking,
> flaking, any such things happening?
>
> How about economics? What is the added cost of using a coating on a
> 5x7 or 8x10.
>
> thanks for lookin...

Latest posts