AV8 Hanging when instllaing XP, help please

Anyone ever had this.

Winchester XP3500 shows fine
HD (IDE) is fine
1 512MB chip in 2nd Blue row

I've disbabled boot from SATA and the Promise Chip (Raid) in
the bios. When XP finishes preloading the stuff, it hangs
after I press enter.

Any ideas?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I had a heck of a time with my A8V at first. I finally figured out that I
had to dial the HyperTransport speed down to 600mhz (in BIOS) to get
everything to work properly. I still haven't figured out why, but
everything is working great now. (I also upgraded to the newest BIOS.)
Hope this helps.

"Cheddar" <whatno@email.com> wrote in message
> Anyone ever had this.
>
> Winchester XP3500 shows fine
> HD (IDE) is fine
> 1 512MB chip in 2nd Blue row
>
> I've disbabled boot from SATA and the Promise Chip (Raid) in the bios.
> When XP finishes preloading the stuff, it hangs after I press enter.
>
> Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS