Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I had to uninstall windows xp home, when i reinstalled it
i do not have any sound. I cannot find the sound
card...please help

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to uninstall windows xp home, when i reinstalled it
> i do not have any sound. I cannot find the sound
> card...please help

Do you have the installation disk for your soundcard? That has your drivers
on it for your card. If not, go to the manufacturer's website of your card,
and download/install the latest drivers for your version that are for XP.
Read the prompts carefully, as the Windows instructions for searching for
the final installed drivers, may be a prompt for Windows finding new
drivers, and you may have to direct Windows manually to the install
folder(s). (this is common for the Turtle Bach Santa Cruz soundcards).

Hi Heather,

If you are unable to find the sound card (I'm assuming you mean that you
have opened the computer's case and looked for the expansion card), perhaps
your system has onboard sound (chipset that is built into the motherboard).
If it is onboard sound, you'll need to install the drivers from the CD or
floppy disk that came with the motherboard, or d/load the drivers from the
motherboard manufacturer's website.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had to uninstall windows xp home, when i reinstalled it
> i do not have any sound. I cannot find the sound
> card...please help

Also add that if you have on-board sound you need to check
it's enabled in the BIOS, press del when booting until
blue screen appears - might find it under integrated
peripherals (depends on MOBO manfcer).

If you have onboard and a PCI card your system might need
resetting to tell it which one to use - select sounds from
control panel and see what you recognise - i.e.
Soundblaster PCI card and NForce on-board sound you need
to tell the system which one you want to use.

Enjoy

Latest posts