A8V Promise or Via Sata

Is there any difference in performance using either the Via or Promise Sata
connections ?

A8V Deluxe with a Maxtor 160 Gig Sata.

Thanks

Hi, I find using the Via Sata quicker to load, you can then disable the
onboard promise chip in the bios.
Chris C
"RonK" <i'mhere@home.now> wrote in message
> Is there any difference in performance using either the Via or Promise
> Sata connections ?
>
> A8V Deluxe with a Maxtor 160 Gig Sata.
>
> Thanks

Ok - Thanks for the info. I am using the Via as well.