receiving code error (41)

wendy

Hello I am desperate here. I am unable to burn cd's at all. I don't even know where to guess the problem is but will put here what I do know. My cd-rom doesn't recogize when a cd is in the cd-rom...when i click on properties there is an exclamation mark in yellow beside...LG cd-rw-8120b error code is 41.
I also checked my drives and the puter says that it is working. I am using xp home edition. It also says that windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. I have my original recovery cd and the manual install driver cd but the puter doesn not recognize when it is in the drawer. I have become very frustrated with this problem. I have gotten many suggestions from other threads but none of them have helped. I had downloaded nero to see if this would help with my burning issues but it didn't so then i uninstalled it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
wendy

Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello I am desperate here. I am unable to burn cd's at all. I don't even
know where to guess the problem is but will put here what I do know. My
cd-rom doesn't recogize when a cd is in the cd-rom...when i click on
properties there is an exclamation mark in yellow beside...LG cd-rw-8120b
error code is 41.
> I also checked my drives and the puter says that it is working. I am using
xp home edition. It also says that windows successfully loaded the device
driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. I have my
original recovery cd and the manual install driver cd but the puter doesn
not recognize when it is in the drawer. I have become very frustrated with
this problem. I have gotten many suggestions from other threads but none of
them have helped. I had downloaded nero to see if this would help with my
burning issues but it didn't so then i uninstalled it. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
> wendy

wendy

Hi jason thank you very much as this is the first article that has taken even close to my problem....but I am a newbie so how do i do the registry patch? It is initmidating as it says to back up all registries first. Thank you once again..if you have the patience to explain the regedit i would very much appreciate it. I need to burn songs for my daughters skating program.
wendy