How to boot by keyboard?

I went into the bios and selected the spacebar as the key to boot the
computer but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do? I
have a P4PE.

Ok I set the jumper but still no go. Damn does that mean my power
supply cannot supply at least 1A on the +5VSB lead whatever that means?

alex

Also set a jumper on the motherboard. PS/2 power on thingy. Refer to
manual.

> Ok I set the jumper but still no go. Damn does that mean my power
> supply cannot supply at least 1A on the +5VSB lead whatever that means?

Try some other way, I prefer Ctrl + Esc, since a mis-touch on Spacebar only
can restart PC
when not intended. The combo key above is not for accidental touch, except
in very rare case.

Well it worked! I booted using the mouse then I changed it to sleep and
disabled mouse and it worked too. However I tried booting using the
sleep key and it didn't work today. This is strange. Also Ithe mouse
is still lit (optical) whent the computer is off even though mouse
booting is disabled.

This will only work with me if the box is continually connected to the
mains.
I have an outer, main switch. If I switch off the whole computer thing with
it (printer, screen, modem etc.) and then back on, well the space bar won't
re-boot the box.
"ggroups2" <ggroups2@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> I went into the bios and selected the spacebar as the key to boot the
> computer but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do? I
> have a P4PE.

Works that way for me too .... and probably everyone else. I believe
that's normal operation.

marsVoyager wrote:

> This will only work with me if the box is continually connected to the
> mains.
> I have an outer, main switch. If I switch off the whole computer thing with
> it (printer, screen, modem etc.) and then back on, well the space bar won't
> re-boot the box.
> "ggroups2" <ggroups2@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > I went into the bios and selected the spacebar as the key to boot the
> > computer but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do? I
> > have a P4PE.

TRENDING THREADS